Trucking Trends That Can Go Away Anytime Now...

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Standing outside your truck talking on the phone .

Very loudly in an otherwise fairly quiet parking area.

It’s a pretty good way to end up with my APU exhaust in your face.

Pulling over on the shoulder suddenly, just wherever.

...and then sitting three inches from the white line while you do whatever it is you’re doing.

Stop. I don’t know what happens in your home country, but here we have things like rest areas and ramps to use. Don’t just blast the shoulder like an idiot.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I get the stopping on the shoulder for non-emergencies but who cares if a guy stands outside his truck to talk on the phone. That's just being petty.
Because I don’t want to hear it and nobody else does either.

A few years ago everyone was wearing earpieces or headsets and you couldn’t talk to anyone.

Now they’re sans all of that and broadcast whatever they’re watching on their phone or listening to while standing in line.

It’s rude and obnoxious.

I liked a few years ago better.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Because I don’t want to hear it and nobody else does either.

A few years ago everyone was wearing earpieces or headsets and you couldn’t talk to anyone.

Now they’re sans all of that and broadcast whatever they’re watching on their phone or listening to while standing in line.

It’s rude and obnoxious.

I liked a few years ago better.
Apparently talking on the phone is the new smoking. Can't do it inside, can't do it outside. Gonna have to have designated phoning areas away from everyone, then eventually it'll be banned everywhere.

😏

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Apparently talking on the phone is the new smoking. Can't do it inside, can't do it outside. Gonna have to have designated phoning areas away from everyone, then eventually it'll be banned everywhere.

😏
I’m talking about morons who speak loudly or yell because they’re standing outside a truck.

And yeah. Nobody wants to hear your conversation. Ever.

Even phone booths used to have shields or an entire booth around it.

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
Playing videos or talking on the phone while sitting on the toilet.

The toilet was meant to be a quiet place. I don’t need to listen to your videos, or listen to you argue with your spouse while I’m pooping.
And please people. Remember the courtesy flush. No need in making everyone smell what you have soaking for 30 minutes while you play on your phone or eat your sandwiches.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Playing videos or talking on the phone while sitting on the toilet.

The toilet was meant to be a quiet place. I don’t need to listen to your videos, or listen to you argue with your spouse while I’m pooping.
Oh my this drives me crazy! I was at Sapp Bros in Columbus Nebraska. Dude answers the phone. Pleasantries exchanges. Then he says, I’m at the Sapp Bros pooping in the restroom. Like, why would you tell someone that also, why be that specific? Lol