Truckers rally nationwide against ELD mandate

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Oh yes they do. You need to start drinking decaf.
Nobody has a right to force us to use electronic equipment.

Period.

As for their right to safety, if such a right existed, there would be a wall across the southern border.

With machine gun towers, and a moat full of sharks with freakin' laser beams on their heads.

dchawk81

Just like going 2-5 mph over the speed limit, it ain't going a few minutes past your time limit that got us to ELDs.

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
to even try to make sense of some of this twisted logic in this thread I would have to start drinking a lot of everclear

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Elog systems do not cost "a lot of money" unless you think $29.99 is a lot. If this is enough to break your bank, you're doing it wrong.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Elog systems do not cost "a lot of money" unless you think $29.99 is a lot. If this is enough to break your bank, you're doing it wrong.
Shut up! You're ruining it!

We need to convince DC they cost $30,000 per truck.

dchawk81

When a baby reaches a certain age, it is customary to stop breast feeding it.

Government got tired of people with common sense using it's ill-conceived "one size fits all" rules as a guideline instead of obeying them like sheep.

If there's anything government narcissists can't stand, it's sovereign citizens not bowing to their will and obeying their every command like lowly subjects.

The hell it isn't.

It's called free will.
You can still exercise your free will by driving how you want no matter what the computer says.

Free will includes dealing with the consequences of your actions. Being fined, fired, losing your CDL, etc. Go ahead and drive without a CDL if'n ya wanna. The fact that you carry one already makes you a follower. Real cowboys don't need none of that nonsense.

Cave men could exercise their free will and tango with a T-Rex. Being eaten, well, tough noogies. The other part of their free will was NOT dancing with the rex and NOT being eaten.

So go ahead, cowboy, keep violating HoS law like you always have.

Rodger

You can still exercise your free will by driving how you want no matter what the computer says.

Free will includes dealing with the consequences of your actions. Being fined, fired, losing your CDL, etc. Go ahead and drive without a CDL if'n ya wanna. The fact that you carry one already makes you a follower. Real cowboys don't need none of that nonsense.

Cave men could exercise their free will and tango with a T-Rex. Being eaten, well, tough noogies. The other part of their free will was NOT dancing with the rex and NOT being eaten.

So go ahead, cowboy, keep violating HoS law like you always have.
That's right, I am a cowboy on a steel horse I ride and I'm.....

Cowboys driving on public roads......priceless. Do you wear assless chaps, and spurs as well:stirpot:

A simple question to all of you renegade free spirited alternate lifestyle types.

How exactly would you plan, fund, build, and regulate roads. That is what is happening. We collectively are dictating how our roads are to be used. You have the free choice to stay the hell off of them if you so choose. Hell build you own. But hitching and whining that you have to follow rules when using something that is not outright yours is childish without all the hyperbole about freedom.

Your freedom does not extend to others property.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
We collectively are dictating how our roads are to be used.
:rolllaugh3:

So "the collective" voted on the 55 mph national speed limit?

No, the representatives did. Except they're not representatives any more. If they were, we'd never have had the 55 mph national speed limit.

Do you know a single person outside of law enforcement revenue generation who supported it?

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Tell that to the business owners who are forced to hire people they don't want to hire, and accommodate certain customers they don't want to accommodate.

So "the collective" voted on the 55 mph national speed limit?

No, the representatives did. Except they're not representatives any more. If they were, we'd never have had the 55 mph national speed limit.

Do you know a single person outside of law enforcement revenue generation who supported it?
Lots of folks who were standing in lines for gasoline. Are you old enough to remember the gas rationing that was going on then?

Do you remember the Ayatollahs playing games with the oil markets over Isreal?

The drilling boom here as we scrambled to exploit our oil?

Some folks also considered it safer. Considering bias ply recap tires of the time they may have had a point.

Look want the rules changed. Become a Representative, convince yours your right. But the simple fact is these are public roads. We collectively through our government regulate the use of our roads.

I for one would advocate privatizing all of it. But chances are there would still be rules folks would not like.

Tell that to the business owners who are forced to hire people they don't want to hire, and accommodate certain customers they don't want to accommodate.
Different discussion.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
We collectively through our government regulate the use of our roads.
You said it again.

Say that thing about "stealing use of the roads" again. It's hilarious.

Wait,... let me finish my coffee first so I don't spray it all over my screen like I did the first time you said it. :thumbsup:

Rodger

Cowboys driving on public roads......priceless. Do you wear assless chaps, and spurs as well:stirpot:

A simple question to all of you renegade free spirited alternate lifestyle types.

How exactly would you plan, fund, build, and regulate roads. That is what is happening. We collectively are dictating how our roads are to be used. You have the free choice to stay the hell off of them if you so choose. Hell build you own. But hitching and whining that you have to follow rules when using something that is not outright yours is childish without all the hyperbole about freedom.

Chaps fit better on people who bend over for the government. Judging by your comments, I'm assuming you have many pair. :biglaugh:

What's funny is, us so called Renegades pay more Road tax in a year then you legal beagles do in a year and a half. So I would say we own more of the road than you do.

For you and your ilk.... It Takes a Village.

What's funny is, us so called Renegades pay more Road tax in a year then you legal beagles do in a year and a half. So I would say we own more of the road than you do.

Your gonna have to show your math to make that statement believable. I would say it is far more likely someone falsifying logs to earn a living is far more likely to also fib on IFTA, lose a few trips when doing their reporting, maybe drive unregistered and uninsured private vehicles, etc etc etc

Rodger

No sir, I don't cheat on any of my taxes. Just never liked anyone telling me how hard I can work.

No one has ever told you how hard to work in any regulation. They have limited how long you can drive nothing more.

Rodger

No one has ever told you how hard to work in any regulation. They have limited how long you can drive nothing more.
I must be missing something here?:confused2: