Truck driver charged in deadly Humboldt Broncos bus crash

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Slice it anyway you want but it is not 1st degree murder as in the cases of the guy in Montreal and Bruce McArthur.
Humboldt guy is a manslaughter charge, Not a murder charge.
I think I already explained this in the above post but you chose to run with the word accident to carry out your rant.
We do not have a justice system we have a legal system. We carry out the law, we do not dole out justice. Otherwise the sentence would have been different! He would have been stoned to death in a public space.

He should be sentenced for each of the 16 deaths he caused because of his gross negligence.

Or are you willing to step up and say at 8-10 years sentence, that each of those innocent kids lives is worth 6 months in jail?

I was hoping for 10 years for EACH life he took. Served back to back. Maybe then these people would wake up and smell the bullshit.

I don’t see where he’s getting manslaughter charges?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
View attachment 48438

Or are you willing to step up and say at 8-10 years sentence, that each of those innocent kids lives is worth 6 months in jail?
I am not saying the sentence is fair. all I am saying is it is a LEGAL SYSTEM not a JUSTICE SYSTEM! justice was not served.
I am pretty sure have posted something similar to this.......... Ah yes here it is....
We do not have a justice system we have a legal system. We carry out the law, we do not dole out justice. Otherwise the sentence would have been different! He would have been stoned to death in a public space.
Here ya go, posting this for the second time.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I am not saying the sentence is fair. all I am saying is it is a LEGAL SYSTEM not a JUSTICE SYSTEM! justice was not served.
I am pretty sure have posted something similar to this.......... Ah yes here it is....

Here ya go, posting this for the second time.
Then our LEGAL SYSTEM is ****ED. I assumed since he was given 29 charges, each single charge would be given a single sentence.

NOT this bullshit of a single sentence for all 29 crimes. He should be facing 290 years in jail, not 10.

I STILL don’t see any manslaughter charges?

Let’s see, the Montreal dude killed a few Muslims. McArthur killed a few immigrant homo’s. Not a huge loss compared to losing 16 young men from Humboldt. Premeditated or not.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

That’s a gross picture of the crash scene

If ANY good can come from this most of western Canada is reviewing training, licensing and enforcement of carriers and drivers.

The article went on to say the intersection where the crash took place didn’t have a history of collisions, according to the 70 page review performed by an independent consultant

Hillbilly Canuck

Well, the **** gets sentenced tomorrow. I'm sure it won't be enough and probably don't wanna go down the rabbit hole of how I feel about it.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
I wouldn’t, I would have to remove any racist comments though. I’m not from up there but this is such a tragic loss of life. My heart hurts for these families. I want to know what he was actually doing that made him miss the stop sign.

In the us. He’d likely do a lot more time depending on the state maybe more harsh than just time.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I wouldn’t, I would have to remove any racist comments though. I’m not from up there but this is such a tragic loss of life. My heart hurts for these families. I want to know what he was actually doing that made him miss the stop sign.

In the us. He’d likely do a lot more time depending on the state maybe more harsh than just time.
There are certain drivers from certain regions of the world that blatantly work the system up here to get licensed. They (I’m generalizing) do not worry about training, following laws or common sense, open deck securement, proper licensing, OSHA or running up to spec equipment.

These individuals protested at a weigh station for getting too many over axle weight tickets on dump trucks. However these people were driving old OTR trucks with 12k steers and no axle weight gauges, or improperly specced trucks hauling product that PAYS BY TONNAGE hauled.

But ok, it’s the scalemasters fault they’re over axle

A buddy of mine was loading at a mill. These clowns sent a new driver with a set of B trains to get loaded. He was in tears trying to figure out how to back them up. He said the new driver tried to refuse because he’d had no training or experience with them but they threatened his job.

So yeah...going from memory the Humboldt driver had less than a months experience driving, period. Yet here he was latched onto trains grossing god knows what. He was (apparently) not on his cell phone or otherwise distracted, he wasn’t drunk or high, he wasn’t eating, he simply missed a stop sign at 95 kmh in an 80 kmh zone.

Again from memory, there were no skid marks attempting to stop either. There was no attempts for avoidance, the north bound bus hit him broadside at roughly the same speed.

The clown that hit me last summer had a PHOTOCOPY of a Manitoba drivers license. Plus he couldn’t READ or SPEAK English. But ok, let’s toss him the keys to a highway tractor.

I have heard more than once these clowns will put 3 or 4 guys in one truck, cut a hole in the floor as a toilet, and all share the same license. I have seen with my own eyes 3 guys pop out of one truck with shower bags

I’ve also heard from more than one person that they’ll travel in teams, and have one person do the backing into docks. Or, they’ll try to pay someone to do the backing

It is ridiculous what these people get away with :order:

Hillbilly Canuck

I concur. I've seen 4 and 5 jump out with my own eyes. 3 jumped out of that one in GA and 2 tried to guide the one straight into my hood. A lot of the pics I post in the wheel holder thread are from a Facebook group here of the **** they do that usually doesn't end up on Twisted Truckers or something else you may know. The shows Heavy Rescue 401 and Highway Thru Hell are almost completely dedicated to their shenanigans even though they won't say that outright. Just a drive through any of the service plazas on the 401 and a quick look at past destruction jersey barriers climbed etc will give you a good idea.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
8 years for killing 16 people? What a ****ing JOKE!?! If that were a white man 20 to life buried UNDER the jail.
It does seem that way - a joke. I've seen that over the years... weak sentences for killing someone with a vehicle in an accident. How about a year of weekends in the slam because the perp has a job?

At least this one got 8 with no time out.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Seriously! I’m sorry, that should of been a lightning ride. How ridiculous. Gen pop minimum security. Where the cells happen to get left open from time to time....

Hillbilly Canuck

Seriously! I’m sorry, that should of been a lightning ride. How ridiculous. Gen pop minimum security. Where the cells happen to get left open from time to time....
Minimum may not house the sort of bloodthirsty animal he needs to rendezvous with.