Truck driver charged in deadly Humboldt Broncos bus crash

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
That should not be surprising. This will be a long drawn out process. 29 charges in total.
The only way this can be quick and speedy is if the driver charged wants it to be quick and speedy.
They recently changed the “right to a speedy trial” rules, too. I wonder if they’ll go for a plea bargain or try for a trial.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
They recently changed the “right to a speedy trial” rules, too. I wonder if they’ll go for a plea bargain or try for a trial.
The right to a speedy trial and having charges dismissed does not count if it is the defendant and their representatives are causing the delay. :thumbsup:

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
The right to a speedy trial and having charges dismissed does not count if it is the defendant and their representatives are causing the delay. :thumbsup:
That’s true, but doesn’t it still need to be tried in a timely fashion?

The courts can’t let the defendants drag it out forever, either, can they?

Hillbilly Canuck

Is THIS video available in your country unlike the 22 Minutes one? If you watch it, the guy was going 85km/h through that stop sign. He barely slowed down if at all.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Is THIS video available in your country unlike the 22 Minutes one? If you watch it, the guy was going 85km/h through that stop sign. He barely slowed down if at all.

Ok that one worked. Wow, just, wow. It says he wasn’t using his phone for texting or calling...what was he doing that made him not see the stop sign?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

I’d comment but the mods will just delete it

The mods are moody again lately

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
They went easy on him because he pleaded guilty and saved the families from a long drawn out trial.
That’s bullshit.

Hell the guy in Montreal that shot up the mosque got 40 years no parole. McArthur is looking at more than that and he only killed 8 people

Makes you wonder if it’s the spots on the zebra....

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That’s bullshit.

Hell the guy in Montreal that shot up the mosque got 40 years no parole. McArthur is looking at more than that and he only killed 8 people

Makes you wonder if it’s the spots on the zebra....
I would imagine it would be because Montreal guy and McArthur committed premeditated murder.murder in the 1st degree and the Humboldt guy was in an accident and that would be a manslaughter charge at best.

Hillbilly Canuck

I would imagine it would be because Montreal guy and McArthur committed premeditated murder.murder in the 1st degree and the Humboldt guy was in an accident and that would be a manslaughter charge at best.
Running through a stop sign past multiple massive warnings at over 90 is NOT an "accident" I don't give a **** what excuse he comes up with.

I'll come out and say it. They cry racism till the cows come home but the fact of the matter is if someone NOT brown and descending from some third world **** hole had plead to that they wouldn't be able to dig the hole under the jail deep enough or fast enough. Your government is so afraid of stepping on toes they've handed money to terrorists for **** sakes so don't be surprised when this piece of **** does no real time. I can hardly open social media or an internet browser with out seeing that ignorant **** and I'm sick of it.

Gimme a minute I'll tell you how I really feel.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Running through a stop sign past multiple massive warnings at over 90 is NOT an "accident" I don't give a **** what excuse he comes up with.

I'll come out and say it. They cry racism till the cows come home but the fact of the matter is if someone NOT brown and descending from some third world ** hole had plead to that they wouldn't be able to dig the hole under the jail deep enough or fast enough. Your government is so afraid of stepping on toes they've handed money to terrorists for ** sakes so don't be surprised when this piece of ** does no real time. I can hardly open social media or an internet browser with out seeing that ignorant ** and I'm sick of it.

Testify!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

I'll come out and say it. They cry racism till the cows come home but the fact of the matter is if someone NOT brown and descending from some third world ** hole had plead to that they wouldn't be able to dig the hole under the jail deep enough or fast enough. Your government is so afraid of stepping on toes they've handed money to terrorists for ** sakes so don't be surprised when this piece of ** does no real time. I can hardly open social media or an internet browser with out seeing that ignorant ** and I'm sick of it.

Slice it anyway you want but it is not 1st degree murder as in the cases of the guy in Montreal and Bruce McArthur.
Humboldt guy is a manslaughter charge, Not a murder charge.
I think I already explained this in the above post but you chose to run with the word accident to carry out your rant.
We do not have a justice system we have a legal system. We carry out the law, we do not dole out justice. Otherwise the sentence would have been different! He would have been stoned to death in a public space.