Truck driver charged in deadly Humboldt Broncos bus crash

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter
Driver: Jaskirat Singh Sidhu
Owner of the trucking company: Sukhmander Singh

And yet in their infinite ignorance, they'll blame this on the trucking industry when the root cause is obvious. :mad:

But get this....

"RCMP said April 19 that they had recovered driver log books along with engine control modules which had been sent to California for further analysis."

Doesn't Canada have any of their own nerds who can download data from an ECM?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
"RCMP said April 19 that they had recovered driver log books along with engine control modules which had been sent to California for further analysis

Doesn't Canada have any of their own nerds who can download data from an ECM?
They do have their own nerds but, they work in California silicon valley. It's called the brain drain.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Hey, do you know if the off ramp speeds are a suggestion or the legal posted speeds in Quebec? They had speed traps set up on a couple off ramps. It was odd
I am not sure about Quebec but if it is a yellow sign, it is a cautionary sign. I am sure the cops on the ramps were doing seatbelt checks. They like to do them on the ramps for some reason.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I am not sure about Quebec but if it is a yellow sign, it is a cautionary sign. I am sure the cops on the ramps were doing seatbelt checks. They like to do them on the ramps for some reason.
Ok, just asking. They definitely had radar guns out

Back to Humboldt....

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The owner of the trucking company has already opened up under a new name. Chameleon company.:mad:

Hillbilly Canuck

It's also contained in the link in post 1. I couldn't remember if it was here THE Facebook or both that I saw that.

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter
Firstly, the owner's name is Sukhmander?

How would you like to be named Sukhmander? That would sukh.

Anyway there's this:

The Adesh Deol trucker who was behind the wheel for the Humboldt crash had started working for the company a month earlier, and wasn’t seriously hurt. The company hadn’t had any violations or convictions, or been involved in any other incidents beforehand.​

The Crashy McKillEverybody driver was a recent hire who ****ed up.

The carrier had a clean slate before then.

So the company was only shut down because of ignorant paranoia and pure emotion. Not because they were an imminent threat to public safety. There wasn't a fleet of psychopaths driving around playing bumper cars with big trucks like the image the media likes to push.

I say leave the chameleon carrier alone.