Truck brand comparison

MAGNETIC

out of the trucks the companies use which one has more room in the cab Volvo, peterbilt, kentworth, freightliner, international? also what do you guys prefer and why
no super cabs just the regular spec semi

RACEFAN

Space Truckin
Supporter
I am partial to the KW- T700 that I drive. It has lots of room for all my stuff, and then some.

Recently I had the option to get transfered into a new Cascadia, or ProStar. I did not like either one really, for different reasons. But neither seemed to have the storage space that my 700 does.
I ultimately decided to stay in the KW, and just wait for it to be repaired.

I also checked out the new KW- T680. I was not impressed by the insides. It looks real good on the outside, but that is not where I spend most of my time, so that doesn't matter quite as much as what the interior has to offer.

I have no idea about the Pete's though. I suspect they are similar to the KW's.

DubbleD .... what says you?

DubbleD

Color Commentator
My preference is 1-CLEAN, 2-RUNNING AT ITS BEST

Most drivers don't get the choice. What the company has is yer only option.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
International has more floor space, followed by Cascadia.

If you want storage, KW.

MAGNETIC

I know some companies don't give you an option but some people in here have driven more than one brand just wanted to see what was the preference for space wise :)

Duck

Green banner
Supporter
I know some companies don't give you an option but some people in here have driven more than one brand just wanted to see what was the preference for space wise :)
For interior space I'm with Cargo Commando on the Volvo 780.

But they're heavy as hell & the dash shakes & wiggles all the time. I've never driven one like hers though. I'm talking about a 3 axle semi-tractor, not a glorified RV. Hers almost certainly would have a different front axle design & a smoother ride due to it being a one-piece vehicle.

Cargo Commando, ... have you ever scaled that thing empty? How much weight is on your steer axle empty, and on average when loaded? The 780's I've driven have right around 12k on the steers, hooked to an empty trailer. Loaded I was always over by a few hundred.

Cargo Commando

For interior space I'm with Cargo Commando on the Volvo 780.

But they're heavy as hell & the dash shakes & wiggles all the time. I've never driven one like hers though. I'm talking about a 3 axle semi-tractor, not a glorified RV. Hers almost certainly would have a different front axle design & a smoother ride due to it being a one-piece vehicle.

Cargo Commando, ... have you ever scaled that thing empty? How much weight is on your steer axle empty, and on average when loaded? The 780's I've driven have right around 12k on the steers, hooked to an empty trailer. Loaded I was always over by a few hundred.
Yeah, my steers are 11800 with fuel tanks at 3/4. I'm picky about how they load me so Ive never had an overweight issue. When I drove T/T, I would just adjust the 5th wheel to keep it off the steers, so no problem there either.

Fancytrucker

I'm currently in a Cascadia, they aren't bad space wise. Tons more room than the Pete 386 I was driving before.

Sent from Zee iPhone

Mike

Staff member
My Cascadia is ok, but not huge on room. That is because it is a midroof, not a condo like most of you have.

My previous mid-roof Cascadia had cabinets across the back of the sleeper, but not room under the sleeper due to all the APU/Heater crap. This one doesn't have the cabinets, but tons more room thanks to the extra room under the bunk.

Both have far more room than I need though. All my clothes are in the closet, fridge is in the passenger seat, and the cabinets on the right side of the sleeper have nothing but an inverter, burton stove, and some food.

Nothing else in the truck other than a couple dumbbells just in case I ever decide to exercise.

I travel very light :)

DubbleD

Color Commentator
My Cascadia is ok, but not huge on room. That is because it is a midroof, not a condo like most of you have.

My previous mid-roof Cascadia had cabinets across the back of the sleeper, but not room under the sleeper due to all the APU/Heater crap. This one doesn't have the cabinets, but tons more room thanks to the extra room under the bunk.

Both have far more room than I need though. All my clothes are in the closet, fridge is in the passenger seat, and the cabinets on the right side of the sleeper have nothing but an inverter, burton stove, and some food.

Nothing else in the truck other than a couple dumbbells just in case I ever decide to exercise.

I travel very light :)
Except for the dumbells...

Rumor has it yer BUFF!

View attachment 20812

Sinister s gonna add this to his collection of why DD's gotta be banned but hey.. .I'll take one for the team.

Ladies love me!
View attachment 20812

MAGNETIC

that small amount of space make sa big difference in that gap wow