New To Trucking Tricks of the Trade

Duck

Nose-Man
Supporter
I think you are thinking of the 737 they are low to the ground.
The 727 had 3 engines on the tail. One on each side of the tail and one in the center that ran through the tail. 727View attachment 53561
Yes the 737.

Damn things ride so low they had to design the engine cowls with flat spots on the bottom.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
It's cool when it rains the engines start what looks like a tiny little tornado as they pick up the water off the ground.
Incoming nerdgasm!
A Vortex wants to have the ends of its axis attached to a fluid boundary ( or in a loop.) So one end will be at the engine, and the other will seek the ground. That's why aircraft are so prone to picking up fod

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Incoming nerdgasm!
A Vortex wants to have the ends of its axis attached to a fluid boundary ( or in a loop.) So one end will be at the engine, and the other will seek the ground. That's why aircraft are so prone to picking up fod
That was well explained. That makes sense.:thumbsup:

Trucker186

In these situations I go all Glen Gary Glen Ross mode and sit down with my Safety Manager.. and "explain" thhy difference..

& it Aint just the mere cost of the better quality blades either...

Even on my own 4 wheelsrs one good pair of Bosch or Rainex will not only WIPE good...

For about the SAME PRICE one set "outlasts" 3/4 sets of those $5/ $6 bucks at the Gas Station "Pylon" junk..

Now that said @dchawk81 still got me a set of those $6 Pylons those "only" as SPARES
Or don't waste money on that and rain x. After a few weeks it gets in the Windshield good and is better than wipers.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
Speaking of airplanes.

I could have bought a tug. There was one for sale used locally by some dude who used to sell BHPH cars and now gets into totally random stuff.

He had one of those toters for the luggage carts. Lol.

I don't know where he got it since we're not close to any decent airports.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Speaking of airplanes.

I could have bought a tug. There was one for sale used locally by some dude who used to sell BHPH cars and now gets into totally random stuff.

When we got brand new Tug tractors they had to put them in service before maintenance had time to govern them and nut them down. Those things will do a wheelie if you are not towing anything and mash on the gas.
Usually a 4 cylinder Ford engine under the hood.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
When we got brand new Tug tractors they had to put them in service before maintenance had time to govern them and nut them down. Those things will do a wheelie if you are not towing anything and mash on the gas.
Usually a 4 cylinder Ford engine under the hood.
That's what this one had.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
Speaking of airplanes.

I don't know where he got it since we're not close to any decent airports.
I want a tug to use to pull the airplane that I do not own out of the hanger that I do not own to go on extravagant vacations that I can not afford. My flight instructor uses an old diesel garden tractor as a tug. It works fine but a tug is cooler.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
I want a tug to use to pull the airplane that I do not own out of the hanger that I do not own to go on extravagant vacations that I can not afford. My flight instructor uses an old diesel garden tractor as a tug. It works fine but a tug is cooler.
I want a tug on my front lawn to use as a planter. Put some daisies in it, a lil mulch around it. It'd be pretty.

quillcom

Keep plenty straps

Think you may need 3, take 6.

Want to really be strap happy take this........

cufff.jpg

That hook on the end makes a world of a difference with some loads.

I had a double stacked load with some funkily stacked pieces, but this hooked
strap did the job to secure the hell out of the whole trailer.