Truckers Health Treating A Pilonidal Cyst At Home and Is Surgery Worth it

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
The Initial one bgan about 15 years ago and flare ups every few years or so thereafter...

First time I went to a clinic and basically the lady took a scalpel and cut into it and then it drains out..

Surgery to remove it was discussed at that time although I was nervous about it and my understanding was that they still can return despite..

At home I just clean it with some gauze and peroxide and stick it with a blade..

After afew days it drains out and goes away for afew years

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter
The Initial one bgan about 15 years ago and flare ups every few years or so thereafter...

First time I went to a clinic and basically the lady took a scalpel and cut into it and then it drains out..

Surgery to remove it was discussed at that time although I was nervous about it and my understanding was that they still can return despite..

At home I just clean it with some gauze and peroxide and stick it with a blade..

After afew days it drains out and goes away for afew years
i say take the risk of a return and have surgery.

it's better odds in the long run, that it will not return and be bothersome.

Gdjjr

I had one years ago right at the line where my lips come together in my moustache that irritated the begeezus out of me because it would just for no rhyme or reason start leaking- after a few years of just dealing with it it's gone away, but underneath my moustache there is a pock mark on my otherwise beautiful face :thumbsup:- in dealing with it I'd mash the h ell out of it trying to get the core? out- if it's painful remember the pain only lasts for a little while if you have surgery. If they clean it out good it shouldn't return.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I had a small cyst on my upper back. Less than 10 minutes to remove, never thought twice about it since. If I remember right maybe 2-3 weeks to go back to have the stitches out. Very very painless and easy as all get out

Thunder Road

Treat it yourself if you don't have insurance.
I got rid of mine at home, even though I had insurance at the time.
Back up to a door mirror where you can see it and stick a pin in it. I used a big safety pin dipped in alcohol.

AK7

Like this little guy???
20160225_103245_001.jpg

I cut it out twice and it came back,so I had the doc cut it out.
And the nurse put on a Hello kitty band aid ..lol

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Treat it yourself if you don't have insurance.
I got rid of mine at home, even though I had insurance at the time.
Back up to a door mirror where you can see it and stick a pin in it. I used a big safety pin dipped in alcohol.
Every 2 or 3 years I take "Peroxide" which is supposed be "Sterile".

Clean over good and I just STICK -IT.. Take Gauze Pads and Lay "Flat"..let it drain and clean again

Afew Times "Prior" I was out on the Road..

It Popped itself..

Hurt like HECK and made a Mess...