Trailer ABS

Hillbilly Canuck

I think I had one that would come on that way and ended up being a short somewhere along the line. Is it every wagon you pull? If not I would be trying another truck like Mike said then you know it's the trailer.

NY will write the dogshit out of you over that stupid light not cycling when the key comes on. Ask me how I know.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I think I had one that would come on that way and ended up being a short somewhere along the line. Is it every wagon you pull? If not I would be trying another truck like Mike said then you know it's the trailer.

NY will write the dogshit out of you over that stupid light not cycling when the key comes on. Ask me how I know.
It’s not EVERY wagon but it’s enough that it’s annoying. More so at night when everything is dimmed, you tap the brakes and the ****ing trailer abs light comes on. I’m pulling the lightbulb from the dash tomorrow

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
Anything with ABS needs power to the center pin all the time. You said the aux circuit has to be on to power that pin, try it with that switch on, see if it flashes.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Anything with ABS needs power to the center pin all the time. You said the aux circuit has to be on to power that pin, try it with that switch on, see if it flashes.
Nope. Switch on, brakes on, trailer ABS light does not light up.

When I was messing with it last year, if I flipped the trailer aux switch on, the bulb in the dash lit up and stayed lit.

I don’t have the bulb in there now, so can’t replicate that.

But that didn’t make sense, feed the ABS circuit power and the idiot light staying on

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I guess I should decide whether to spend money on this or just ignore it.

If I haven’t used trailer ABS in two years I doubt I’ll need it in the future. I’ve NEVER ran with the trailer aux switch on

But then I start second guessing myself what if there’s an accident and I get blamed because ABS could’ve prevented it.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I guess I should decide whether to spend money on this or just ignore it.

If I haven’t used trailer ABS in two years I doubt I’ll need it in the future. I’ve NEVER ran with the trailer aux switch on

But then I start second guessing myself what if there’s an accident and I get blamed because ABS could’ve prevented it.
I can’t find anything to suggest legally ABS needs to be working.

I turned everything off last night, lights and ignition key. Flipped trailer aux on, turned key on, heard the trailer abs cycling and the abs light cycled on. So I know the system works.

Talked to a couple mechanics and a couple buddies they say leave the abs off. They said put a burnt out bulb in the trailer ABS socket on my truck in the dash, leave the ABS off and live life.

I don’t see any reason to have ABS turned on