Trailer ABS

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Am I better off pulling the lightbulb in the dash for trailer ABS?

Or rewire the plug to not feed the trailer ABS circuit?

I’m sick of looking at the light blinking when I brake

Mike

Staff member
Am I better off pulling the lightbulb in the dash for trailer ABS?

Or rewire the plug to not feed the trailer ABS circuit?

I’m sick of looking at the light blinking when I brake
Rig it on a toggle switch that you can activate for 5 seconds when you turn the key on and the inspector is looking for that light to function.

or, fix the problem ;)

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Rig it on a toggle switch that you can activate for 5 seconds when you turn the key on and the inspector is looking for that light to function.

or, fix the problem ;)
Not my wagons ;)

What is this “turn the key on and look for lights”? I can’t recall being asked anything similar, you talking the light in the dash or on the trailer?

Mike

Staff member
What is this “turn the key on and look for lights”? I can’t recall being asked anything similar, you talking the light in the dash or on the trailer?
On the trailer, light will come on for 5 seconds and then go out. Some anal officers look for that stuff and it better work.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
On the trailer, light will come on for 5 seconds and then go out. Some anal officers look for that stuff and it better work.
Yeesh. It’s been three years since I had a USA inspection at a scale. At least three

Guess the light bulb is coming out of the dash

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Not my wagons ;)

Yeah I got burned for a non functioning ABS light, They do check.
  1. Who in the **** looks at that light? ( other than inspectors)
  2. Who in the **** needs ABS? I would disable ABS if I could, right in The abdominals ;)

Mike

Staff member
  2. Who in the **** needs ABS? I would disable ABS if I could, right in The abdominals ;)
yeah, it's some BS to have that be required for operation, but it is what it is. I can't remember when I got the warning to make sure that light works, but until then, when it wouldn't go off, I always cut the wires on any trailer I was pulling.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
I don’t get why the one in the dash is always going off, but I hardly ever see the trailer abs light on

One last week would blink on the trailer every time I hit the brake pedal. Annoying as ****

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The ABS light thing is just STEWPID! Your ABS can be functioning just fine but the light bulb that no one ever looks at is not functioning.. But if you get a non dick head inspector they will listen for the clikety, click and know that the ABS is working. Light bulb is..... NFG!

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
I'd post the link for the OOS criteria for him.

But I doubt he could find it.
I’m sure you get your kicks posting links for stuff that isn’t there :cautious:

I’m not falling for it any more

With that said, I’ve never been put OOS in the USA. Never not once

Mike

Staff member
I don’t get why the one in the dash is always going off, but I hardly ever see the trailer abs light on

One last week would blink on the trailer every time I hit the brake pedal. Annoying as ****
Maybe it is as simple as a pigtail connection issue?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
I don't have the answer.

Does your truck?

and then, does another truck that doesn't have the problem?

That is how I would attack this.
I’d have to retest it. I know the center pin only has power when I hit the trailer aux switch

I can grab a newer truck at the yard to test

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
You could go to jjkeller and pay a premium price for the same exact form then
I didn’t see anything at jjkeller either

You suck at posting advice