This might make a good security weapon for truck drivers' sleeper berths who might have to drive

Sam McCloud

into anti-gun/anti-stun gun places or drive for anti-gun companies:

Yes, a rechargeable lithium-ion battery-operated chainsaw!!

It seems more formidable than baseball bat and will cut off hands or a head in a split second.

Some places may even forbid pepper spray.

Would a C02 fire extinguisher even be a better defense option than a cordless saw or drill?
These shoot dry ice which can freeze lungs or freeze eyes shut.

How about the standard dry chemical extinguishers in trucks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
That stuff makes too much of a mess. I don't feel like cleaning up severed limbs or dry-chem from the inside of my cab. That's just too much work.

I have a can of starting fluid and a claw hammer. Misuse the ether by spraying them in the face with it to disorient them and then use the hammer to beat the **** out of them.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
It's a violation of federal law to use an aerosol product in a manner that is inconsistent with it's labeling! Do you want to go to jail? That's worse than ripping the tags off of mattresses and then not eating them. :eek-64:
:rolllaugh:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
It's a violation of federal law to use an aerosol product in a manner that is inconsistent with it's labeling! Do you want to go to jail? That's worse than ripping the tags off of mattresses and then not eating them. :eek-64:
Given the choice between getting somebody really high on ether and going to jail for a minute or looking at the grass from the root side, I'll take the hoosegow.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
It's a violation of federal law to use an aerosol product in a manner that is inconsistent with it's labeling!
\
Well, I do believe that would be a case for the U.S. Marshyalls. Interfering with interstate commerce while committing a felony.
That's what I would tell the truck stop counter.

Sam McCloud

That stuff makes too much of a mess. I don't feel like cleaning up severed limbs or dry-chem from the inside of my cab. That's just too much work.

I have a can of starting fluid and a claw hammer. Misuse the ether by spraying them in the face with it to disorient them and then use the hammer to beat the **** out of them.
Doing janitorial work inside your prison cell for a gun charge is a lot more work and a lot more consuming of your years on earth.

Igniting flammable products from a spray can scares me.

Does CO2 dry ice make much of a mess?

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Doing janitorial work inside your prison cell for a gun charge is a lot more work and a lot more consuming of your years on earth.

Igniting flammable products from a spray can scares me.

Does CO2 dry ice make much of a mess?
CO2 gives you a headache and can knock you out for lack of oxygen. It takes less than a second to lose consciousness because of low oxygen levels. A fire extinguisher pushes out a huge amount of -whatever- in a giant hurry. Remember, whatever you hose the bad guy down with will end up in your face, too. The ether can makes a small, but strong stream. Might make me giggle as I'm bailing out over the guy, but it won't knock me out.

Firearms.. I lawfully carry concealed and firearms are legal in trucks. You need to know local laws of the places you go, but there is no law against having a gun in a truck. The thing to keep in mind is that bullet has to go somewhere and the walls of these trucks are mighty thin. It's easy to miss your target and end up killing the innocent guy sleeping in his truck across from you. That's one of the reasons I don't carry in the truck. Most companies have policies in place regarding firearms. But again, no laws.

As for the flammability of ether, I'm not smoking if I'm in the sleeper. If he's smoking, too bad for him. That stuff flashes so fast, there is very little danger to me. It would make for a bad day for him, though. I'm going to use something that is legal for me to have, can be expected to be found in a truck and will be effective for my purposes. Starting fluid fits the bill.

Pepper spray is not legal in all States. Starting fluid is.

dchawk81

Supporter
CO2 gives you a headache and can knock you out for lack of oxygen. It takes less than a second to lose consciousness because of low oxygen levels. A fire extinguisher pushes out a huge amount of -whatever- in a giant hurry. Remember, whatever you hose the bad guy down with will end up in your face, too. The ether can makes a small, but strong stream. Might make me giggle as I'm bailing out over the guy, but it won't knock me out.

Firearms.. I lawfully carry concealed and firearms are legal in trucks. You need to know local laws of the places you go, but there is no law against having a gun in a truck. The thing to keep in mind is that bullet has to go somewhere and the walls of these trucks are mighty thin. It's easy to miss your target and end up killing the innocent guy sleeping in his truck across from you. That's one of the reasons I don't carry in the truck. Most companies have policies in place regarding firearms. But again, no laws.

As for the flammability of ether, I'm not smoking if I'm in the sleeper. If he's smoking, too bad for him. That stuff flashes so fast, there is very little danger to me. It would make for a bad day for him, though. I'm going to use something that is legal for me to have, can be expected to be found in a truck and will be effective for my purposes. Starting fluid fits the bill.

Pepper spray is not legal in all States. Starting fluid is.
It's powdered cheez wiz.

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Given the choice between getting somebody really high on ether and going to jail for a minute or looking at the grass from the root side, I'll take the hoosegow.
I knew a lady who carried a can of oven spray. If the invader doesn't want to be marked or blinded, said target would do well to quickly retire from the crime scene. Maybe Liquid Plummer or some similar product in a spray bottle would work as well or better and the problem with aerosols identified by The Duck would thereby be negated.

Sam McCloud

I knew a lady who carried a can of oven spray. If the invader doesn't want to be marked or blinded, said target would do well to quickly retire from the crime scene. Maybe Liquid Plummer or some similar product in a spray bottle would work as well or better and the problem with aerosols identified by The Duck would thereby be negated.
Maybe the battery chainsaw is better than some kind of chemicals after all.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
We’re still going on about truck defence? What are we on, thread 5 or 6?