Thinking about doing car hauling

Ncarter4

I’ll be moving to south Florida and was thinking about doing car hauling and was wondering if there’s a market for it down there

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
In the mean time I know there is a market for wealthy snow birds that will have there car delivered from up north to their winter home in Florida and vise versa when the weather warms up, up north.

dchawk81

Supporter
In the mean time I know there is a market for wealthy snow birds that will have there car delivered from up north to their winter home in Florida and vise versa when the weather warms up, up north.
Is that really a market? I thought they all pulled them behind their 60 foot motor homes.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Is that really a market? I thought they all pulled them behind their 60 foot motor homes.
I am sure some do pull their cars behind their motor homes but there are many that would rather just ship it.
Some even pay a person to drive their car to Florida while they ( wealthy) fly down south.

dchawk81

Supporter
I am sure some do pull their cars behind their motor homes but there are many that would rather just ship it.
Some even pay a person to drive their car to Florida while they ( wealthy) fly down south.
I was being facetious. But I do question whether it really is a market.

I mean I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
I’ll be moving to south Florida and was thinking about doing car hauling and was wondering if there’s a market for it down there
Lots of people, lots of cars. But Florida is a flooded with trucks that haul cheap. If I were to go there, I'd shoot for hauling new. I don't hate myself enough to deal with snow birds, no matter how well they pay.

dchawk81

Supporter
Lots of people, lots of cars. But Florida is a flooded with trucks that haul cheap. If I were to go there, I'd shoot for hauling new. I don't hate myself enough to deal with snow birds, no matter how well they pay.
Total wh0re here. I'd do it. Old people love me.

dchawk81

Supporter
I'd just wanna lazily do one at a time with my pickup and 16' deck or enclosed if it's special.

I wouldn't wanna do it class 8 style. Gimme like $2/mile and I'm good. My little gasser half ton is hella comfy towing a car.

Maybe it'll be my retirement gig. Just do like one or two a week. Don't wanna run ragged.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Some of them jam their cars full of luggage and summer junk for when they’re down south. I always wondered if there was anything illegal in there

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I hauled three new Maserati’s out west years ago in a dry van. Easy peasy