Thermo King

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
What's your inverter rated at, and are you supplying other loads when you run the microwave?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Well the ones we were getting were either 1500 or 1800 Watts. There's a plate on the back of your microwave that will give you the RMS average power required in watts. That's not the turn-on surge, and a klystron tube in a microwave has a pretty good draw at startup. Make sure everything else is off when you use it.

Magman0689

I'm going to hijack this post LOL

I have a Thermo King b100 with electric standby going to hook it to my trailer I want to run a generator it needs 80 amps DC according to ohm's law
That would be 8 amps AC

So what a 4000 Watt generator work since 8 amps AC is only 930 Watts AC ?

Marius2006

Where do you guys have your coolant line from Tripack hucked? Mine is installed under the fairing and they just connected to the bunk sleeper . I don’t think it’s the right way specially because I have the arctic package. Thx for all the help

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Where do you guys have your coolant line from Tripack hucked? Mine is installed under the fairing and they just connected to the bunk sleeper . I don’t think it’s the right way specially because I have the arctic package. Thx for all the help
My century was plumbed the same way. Parallel to the bunk.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Not sure what to say.

I had my coolant lines going to the bunk and each line had a tee that split it to the bunk and the Apu.

I had heat to both my engine and my bunk. I could start the APU in -10°F temps and within 2 hours could start the engine and it would be warm already.