The way you get TV and internet at home is about to change drastically — for the better

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Buy a router with a WiFi transmitter. Hook it to whatever tin can and string interwebs service you're using.
That's exactly what I have.

Try to keep up. 🙄

krelithous

Supporter
Yeah the fire stick.

My sister told me there's tons of free movies I can watch on clear sky days when the satellite internet actually works.

But 1, every single movie I tried to search for isn't found. And 2, every movie I found by scrolling costs money and I'm going to run up my sister's Amazon bill like a douchebag even though she's a total Berntard commie-bot and would totally deserve it.
Streaming with satellite you wont be watching to much tv since they will throttle you

krelithous

Supporter
Internet is the same way.....they slip in higher speeds, higher prices, dress it all up get people to:drool:.......then:tease:tease more......Then heck you don't notice they parked themselves right in your bank account.....
and then they bend you over without the grease and charge you even more if you want unlimited data:mad:. as most isp's have data caps nothing more than greed

krelithous

Supporter
and that is exactly what will happen..something popular, that everyone wants (not needs) and jack up the prices to the stratosphere.
the content providers are already cranking up the prices some of these streaming service cost just as much as cable or satellite!!! it will be interesting to see how long they stay around with all the price hikes as ps vue is closing down!!!

krelithous

Supporter
Yeah, it looks like it is about to get ridiculous! Disney and I think Fox will be having a streaming service soon. Then you got Netflix and Amazon, HULU and some others.
If people want it all it will be as much as cable.
alot of them do cost as much as cable if you think about it.. buying servers and bandwith isn't cheap

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
what you guys don't have cable internets out there or even dsl lines:confused-96:
I'm about 500 feet past the end of the line for cable.
The phone lines here are so old they were probably buried by Alexander Graham Bell himself. We were told they can't carry DSL. Just 28k dial-up.

Every time we get a lot of rain, the police would show up because water would get into something and somehow place a 911 call and all they would hear is clicking sounds.

Each time, the phone company would send out a guy in a van who would poke around the green pedestal things across the street with testing equipment and say there's no problem. Eventually we just shut off the land line.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
The phone lines here are so old they were probably buried by Alexander Graham Bell himself. We were told they can't carry DSL. Just 28k dial-up.

Every time we get a lot of rain, the police would show up because water would get into something and somehow place a 911 call and all they would hear is clicking sounds.

Each time, the phone company would send out a guy in a van who would poke around the green pedestal things across the street with testing equipment and say there's no problem. Eventually we just shut off the land line.
That's funny. I dunno why but it is.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter

28 k dial up..??

do the police pull up in one of these...?

1572561344853.png

does your home phone look like this..??

1572561431765.png

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
28 k dial up..??

do the police pull up in one of these...?

View attachment 52765

does your home phone look like this..??

View attachment 52766
Yes 28k.
No they have Pontiac Catalinas and Dodge Diplomats. The chief rides around in a yellow checker cab because he got too many DWIs.

I don't have a land line phone any more. But the old one had a hand crank on the side.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Yes 28k.
No they have Pontiac Catalinas and Dodge Diplomats. The chief rides around in a yellow checker cab because he got too many DWIs.

I don't have a land line phone any more. But the old one had a hand crank on the side.
well at least, your part of the world is semi-civilized.......

by or about the year 2030, your area might be finally getting hamburger helper and stove top stuffing.

krelithous

Supporter

krelithous

Supporter
Yeah, it looks like it is about to get ridiculous! Disney and I think Fox will be having a streaming service soon. Then you got Netflix and Amazon, HULU and some others.
If people want it all it will be as much as cable.
it's gonna get more ridiculous with 5G coming as well!!! makes you wonder how many fiber providers will stay in business once it really starts to roll out. though i'm sure there getting money in there pockets for the back hauls to!!!! i would love to see the cable co where i am go under!!!

Latest posts