The way you get TV and internet at home is about to change drastically — for the better

krelithous

Supporter
What I was looking for was information on type of equipment and systems truckers use when mobile. ????
they use rabbit ears some have satellite t.v. in there trucks i'm sure some stream from various apps like netflix on there tablets and phones. though i would never stream as that will suck your data up then your taking a chance on being throttled!!!

(((ME)))

they use rabbit ears some have satellite t.v. in there trucks i'm sure some stream from various apps like netflix on there tablets and phones. though i would never stream as that will suck your data up then your taking a chance on being throttled!!!
Now ain't this something!!!!! Interesting.

Mike

Staff member
We’ve come full circle, lol.

Got rid of everything other than antenna tv.

We then added in Netflix and then Prime.

Now, we have Cox cable, lol.

I’ve submitted to the reality that we are going to pay monthly to watch TV.

Now, if I can just get the think mounted to the wall today.

Broken foot, up and down a ladder, to mount a tv. I’ll need alcohol first. Lots of it.

krelithous

Supporter

Broken foot, up and down a ladder, to mount a tv. I’ll need alcohol first. Lots of it.
haha $ 10.00 $15.00 here and there adds up fast eh for each streaming service:confused-96:. and that's not factoring in the cost of the internets to run them

Shreck

How did you break your foot?

(((ME)))

I unloaded threw wham bam thank you mam party. Verizon lost a $200.00 a month and direct tv lost $127.00. Century link lost $135.00. No more land line, no more tv, no more cell phone....went out bought a cell phone with per paid card made arrangements auto deduction from my bank....bought a wireless jet pack..at a fixed rate of $10.00 a month all are unlimited. A $60.00 per month. Free streaming the tv system. This domino effect started when company reps started feeding the bull sh*t services with lies and deceit. I have cut the cords.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I am still on cable. I had to call them sons of my *****es and ask why my bill was so high? Hold the line sir. Oh we have a deal for you, 1/3 of the price and way more channels.
Why in the hell do you only offer this when i call about my jacked up cable rates?
Let's see what we can do about your cell plan. Hold the line sir. Oh we can cut your cell bill by 1/3.
Why do I need to stay on top of these people? I am a long term customer that pays by direct withdraw.

I got THE Netflix, I kinda like it . I got sucked into Amazon Prime as part of my membership, I am not impressed!:mad:
Also not impressed with Amazon pricing:mad:
Very impressed with Amazon next day delivery:thumbsup:

krelithous

Supporter
I unloaded threw wham bam thank you mam party. Verizon lost a $200.00 a month and direct tv lost $127.00. Century link lost $135.00. No more land line, no more tv, no more cell phone....went out bought a cell phone with per paid card made arrangements auto deduction from my bank....bought a wireless jet pack..at a fixed rate of $10.00 a month all are unlimited. A $60.00 per month. Free streaming the tv system. This domino effect started when company reps started feeding the bull sh*t services with lies and deceit. I have cut the cords.
I bet that felt good to tell em to go screw

(((ME)))

I am still on cable. I had to call them sons of my *****es and ask why my bill was so high? Hold the line sir. Oh we have a deal for you, 1/3 of the price and way more channels.
Why in the hell do you only offer this when i call about my jacked up cable rates?
Let's see what we can do about your cell plan. Hold the line sir. Oh we can cut your cell bill by 1/3.
Why do I need to stay on top of these people? I am a long term customer that pays by direct withdraw.

I got THE Netflix, I kinda like it . I got sucked into Amazon Prime as part of my membership, I am not impressed!:mad:
Also not impressed with Amazon pricing:mad:
Very impressed with Amazon next day delivery:thumbsup:
This reads just like what i have been threw.....wonder if sales reps read from a script...i was paying out $462.00 month out for there services. Keyed it down to $60.00 amonth and a better system....learned how to treat myself every month like a bill...would lay a certain amount away for rainy days...have done this for years.....now I will add $402.00 to that pay myself bill. What odd is these companies think they are needed. What did people do before they ever came along with sales pitch.

(((ME)))

Found this quite amusing.....so what did you do before internet cell phones, ect come upon the scene.
The whole system here in my area crashed due to cut lines around 11 am until this morning......so any thing that was dependent on this system become not workable. Since i view this as a luxury ......i sat down and read a good book......

krelithous

Supporter
Glad I went to satellite I am also glad that I had 5G installed no more worrying about down lines

krelithous

Supporter
Hugh difference between need and want....now a days if it don't have a button to push people don't want it.....
Who pushes buttons anymore with gadgets being able to run everything in the house as well as give driving times download maps to your cell set reminders ect ect

(((ME)))

Who pushes buttons anymore with gadgets being able to run everything in the house as well as give driving times download maps to your cell set reminders ect ect
Yep yep......automation slowly taking over.....home grown knowlege is being retired....depopulation on the decline....heck even had a gal tell me women been replaced by blow up dolls.....and kids start school in baby stage. Oh wow the web are society is weaving .

krelithous

Supporter
Yep yep......automation slowly taking over.....home grown knowlege is being retired....depopulation on the decline....heck even had a gal tell me women been replaced by blow up dolls.....and kids start school in baby stage. Oh wow the web are society is weaving .
EFOeIxDXUAEVW04.jpg

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Smart phones have helped the environment and maybe killed a few jobs.
We no longer need alarm clocks.
We no longer need clocks.
We no longer need paper calender's
We no longer need timers or stop watches.

For better or worse, it is what it is and the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

krelithous

Supporter
Smart phones have helped the environment and maybe killed a few jobs.
We no longer need alarm clocks.
We no longer need clocks.
We no longer need paper calender's
We no longer need timers or stop watches.

For better or worse, it is what it is and the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
We no longer need flashlights cameras mp3 players hell you really dont need a pc anymore if you have a smart phone dont even need a modem as your phone can act like one depending on your plan