The way you get TV and internet at home is about to change drastically — for the better

(((ME)))

here's a good one for ya

Whenever I call any company. They want to record it. Then why do they hang up on me when I want to record them:confused-96:?
In Texas this last trip I made....I walked into a Wal-Mart to purchase a new lap top computer. The one I was interested in had none on display. So I ask clerk to pull one from under the counter which he did for me. However when I requested him to open the box so i could look at it...he stated store policy was box could not be opened. Say what????i told him page store manager . Manager showed up also said this box could not be opened. I ended up telling them both ok if I purchase this unopened and I not pleased with it I can return it right....they agreed i could return it. So I whipped out the cash and bought it. However once I got the receipt in hand I reached in my handbag for my box cutter and opened this box. Turned to the manager and clerk and told them box is opened what the difference who opened it. By the way I kept this purchase....... supply and demand got themselves some odd ball rules.

krelithous

Supporter
In Texas this last trip I made....I walked into a Wal-Mart to purchase a new lap top computer. The one I was interested in had none on display. So I ask clerk to pull one from under the counter which he did for me. However when I requested him to open the box so i could look at it...he stated store policy was box could not be opened. Say what????i told him page store manager . Manager showed up also said this box could not be opened. I ended up telling them both ok if I purchase this unopened and I not pleased with it I can return it right....they agreed i could return it. So I whipped out the cash and bought it. However once I got the receipt in hand I reached in my handbag for my box cutter and opened this box. Turned to the manager and clerk and told them box is opened what the difference who opened it. By the way I kept this purchase....... supply and demand got themselves some odd ball rules.
sounds like some dumbass liability issue. and what happens if you bought it and it was missing parts then your SOL i never liked wal mart. though there good at taking things back under there return policy i give them that.. i got a nice check in the mail yesturday for a full refund of there crap service and there horrid customer service:cool: after filing complaints with the FCC and writing the CEO and letting him know how bad there service and what i was gonna do if it wasn't fixed or i got my $$$ back

(((ME)))

sounds like some dumbass liability issue. and what happens if you bought it and it was missing parts then your SOL i never liked wal mart. though there good at taking things back under there return policy i give them that.. i got a nice check in the mail yesturday for a full refund of there crap service and there horrid customer service:cool: after filing complaints with the FCC and writing the CEO and letting him know how bad there service and what i was gonna do if it wasn't fixed or i got my $$$ back
Welcome to the world of bull and false offers ....it operates seven days a week world wide.

Tn. Truckers Wife

Supporter
We bought the fire stick and went to streaming...We have Eternal tv for $10.00 a month and we get all the movie channels...You can't beat the price...

BigRedFromTexas

That sounds about right. Electronics can't be opened unless purchased. And some stores do not let you return open electronics simply because the open box items can not be resold as new anymore. That's pretty much why they do that.

Back in the day. Probably get away with it.

krelithous

Supporter
That sounds about right. Electronics can't be opened unless purchased. And some stores do not let you return open electronics simply because the open box items can not be resold as new anymore. That's pretty much why they do that.

Back in the day. Probably get away with it.
I like frys for that kind of stuff atleast you can return open boxes

BigRedFromTexas

Best Buy will open up your screen television this christmas season. New policy in effect. All televisions over 32 inches will require an inspection by best buy employee after customer purchases the television at the register. Meaning they will open your box and pull out the television to check for deficiencies. Guess some tricksters ruined it for the rest of us. But, no joke. You have been warned.

Try and be a patriot. They will not sell you the television. Imagine if it was a gift for somebody. I saw an entire store do this and I received the same treatment after several failed attempts to persuade them otherwise. This happened in El Paso, Texas.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Best Buy will open up your screen television this christmas season. New policy in effect. All televisions over 32 inches will require an inspection by best buy employee after customer purchases the television at the register. Meaning they will open your box and pull out the television to check for deficiencies. Guess some tricksters ruined it for the rest of us. But, no joke. You have been warned.

Try and be a patriot. They will not sell you the television. Imagine if it was a gift for somebody. I saw an entire store do this and I received the same treatment after several failed attempts to persuade them otherwise. This happened in El Paso, Texas.
They will probably start doing that for Superbowl too. So many people buy a big screen for the day and then return it after.

BigRedFromTexas

They will probably start doing that for Superbowl too. So many people buy a big screen for the day and then return it after.
I've heard about people doing this a few years back. Lots of electronic stores not having it. Strict store policies in my area don't allow this unless its those rent a center type stores.

krelithous

Supporter
You must be from the I was the remote generation like me:D
Us boomers had to wait three minutes for the television to warm up and give us sound and a black and white picture. Just enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to watch the cartoons with.