ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Friday... more cheese.

IMG_20191012_125042168.jpg

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Trailer got hit today. Coming out of a curve on I-55, this gal in a minivan said, "it drifted right into you."

Translation: she was texting, and not paying attention. Found out big trucks don't give much when you play bump cars with them.

Hit the left rear corner of my trailer. I feel a big bump...WTF??!! Look in my mirrors, and don't see anything at first, then here's this white minivan with a lot of front end damage, shedding parts... careens left then back right. ****! Summa biotch! Actually, thinking back, I'm surprised she didn't roll it.

Get stopped. Call the cops. grab the phone, head back there to check on her. She's shook up, but OK. Another gal pulls up. Head back to the truck for the triangles. Call the boss. Start taking pictures. State cop shows up. Asks me what happened, and... papers please!

So, the mini van has the right front end torn up, a lot of top end damage where she hit the trailer frame, right front axle is pushed back into the frame. Her windshield washer reservoir is impaled on my DOT bumper. (How in hell did that happen??!!!)

The other gal told me that when she talked to the gal who hit me that she said it was her fault. So she waits around, and tells that to the cop. (Yes!!)

My damage? She took my license plate holder off. I walked back through her wreckage, and found it.

The cop gave me a clean level III inspection - said good afternoon, and be on your way. Must be livin' right or sumthin'. Damn glad I don't pay heed to that outlaw bullshit, or that'd turned out way different.

20191019_131711.jpg

Last edited:

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Hard to believe it's been 4 years already....

Brought back some memories.

Glad it wasn't worse.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Looks like my total damage is some stainless 3/8" hardware, a license plate light and a couple of mounting screws. The DOT bumper didn't even get bent.
Amazingwhat that bumper will take and not look damaged.

Had a lady rearend my truck in 2017 going into a round a bout.

Slight ding, but that was it.

I was more pissed it was only 10 days old.

Like you, she admitted fault. It would be interesting to see her driving record.

(((ME)))

Trailer got hit today. Coming out of a curve on I-55, this gal in a minivan said, "it drifted right into you."

Translation: she was texting, and not paying attention. Found out big trucks don't give much when you play bump cars with them.

Hit the left rear corner of my trailer. I feel a big bump...WTF??!! Look in my mirrors, and don't see anything at first, then here's this white minivan with a lot of front end damage, shedding parts... careens left then back right. ****! Summa biotch! Actually, thinking back, I'm surprised she didn't roll it.

Get stopped. Call the cops. grab the phone, head back there to check on her. She's shook up, but OK. Another gal pulls up. Head back to the truck for the triangles. Call the boss. Start taking pictures. State cop shows up. Asks me what happened, and... papers please!

So, the mini van has the right front end torn up, a lot of top end damage where she hit the trailer frame, right front axle is pushed back into the frame. Her windshield washer reservoir is impaled on my DOT bumper. (How in hell did that happen??!!!)

The other gal told me that when she talked to the gal who hit me that she said it was her fault. So she waits around, and tells that to the cop. (Yes!!)

My damage? She took my license plate holder off. I walked back through her wreckage, and found it.

The cop gave me a clean level III inspection - said good afternoon, and be on your way. Must be livin' right or sumthin'. Damn glad I don't pay heed to that outlaw bullshit, or that'd turned out way different.

View attachment 52589
Yep big man you must be living right. No one hurt just damages. Your too big of a rig to play bumper cars with.

Latest posts