The Long and Winding Road...

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Labor Day. Well crap. There ain't anything on at the theatre to keep me from more important issues.

Sweep out trailer.

Reattach the plastic bulkhead at the reefer end of things.

Laundry.

BBQ 'n Beer. :biggrin-2:

:usflag::couch::canada:

All y'all have an enjoyable holiday, and stay safe out there.

:thumbsup:

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Labor Day. Well crap. There ain't anything on at the theatre to keep me from more important issues.

Sweep out trailer.

Reattach the plastic bulkhead at the reefer end of things.

Laundry.

BBQ 'n Beer. :biggrin-2:

:usflag::couch::canada:

All y'all have an enjoyable holiday, and stay safe out there.

:thumbsup:
holidays ain't like they were when i was a kid.

you know, "Completion of the railroad day",

"oxen cart wash day"

"Abe Lincoln's 4 score and 7 years speech Day"

walmart was open, usual 7 AM time, got some tv dinners and grape jelly and blueberry spreads, and a senior citizens coffee at Mc Donalds.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
holidays ain't like they were when i was a kid.

you know, "Completion of the railroad day",

"oxen cart wash day"

"Abe Lincoln's 4 score and 7 years speech Day"

walmart was open, usual 7 AM time, got some tv dinners and grape jelly and blueberry spreads, and a senior citizens coffee at Mc Donalds.
You forgot about the July 4th Hate on King George Day.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Small world department...

Saw this picture on a FB group today. 3 F4s being refueled over Southeast Asia in 1972. The one in the foreground with the ZF tail code, kinda out of frame, caught my eye. She's an old friend, 67-232 - I worked on her at Homestead AFB in Florida.

FB_IMG_1568847153954.jpg

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

Saw this picture on a FB group today. 3 F4s being refueled over Southeast Asia in 1972. The one in the foreground with the ZF tail code, kinda out of frame, caught my eye. She's an old friend, 67-232 - I worked on her at Homestead AFB in Florida.

View attachment 52162
That is so cool! 👍 I am ignorant. What does the ZF and the other tail codes indicate?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
That is so cool! 👍 I am ignorant. What does the ZF and the other tail codes indicate?
The ZF is the major unit identifier, in this case the 31st Tactical Fighter Wing.

Below that is the tail number that identifies the specific aircraft by the year it was acquired, and a sequence number. 67 in smaller letters for 1967, and 232 (shortened from 0232) was the 232nd aircraft acquired for the AF that year.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The ZF is the major unit identifier, in this case the 31st Tactical Fighter Wing.

Below that is the tail number that identifies the specific aircraft by the year it was acquired, and a sequence number. 67 in smaller letters for 1967, and 232 (shortened from 0232) was the 232nd aircraft acquired for the AF that year.
Cool! 👍 Thanks man!:thumbsup:

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter

View attachment 52162
My dad helped make the LORAN-D system a reality.

I have the letter at home.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I walked out of the P&G guard shack the other day to find a bird flying around in my cab. He or she kept banging against the passenger window. Apparently didn't realize the driver one was all the way down.