The Island of Misfit Toys

Steelersjunkie

Lol,,,,,
Nice to have another outlet here.
Sorry, I thought you meant something other than TTR. Wasn't trying to be cheeky. There's another forum and and can't remember the name of it, but they are just as uptight. Pffft pass.

MIT

Well Snowblind Snowblind after a couple conversations with the wife last night and that tour guy I told you about, looks like I'm gonna go on tour. Putting my app in tomorrow when I get back up. Looks like I'll be starting another thread lol. Can't possibly have a gig like that and not post it. Who knows, maybe I'll get to meet my girl some day. One can only hope (fingers crossed). I know this, I'm done running spot freight. That crap is for the birds.
Fantastic. Spot freight will always be there to fall back on if it doesn’t work out.

MIT

M MIT just curious... what do you guys normally do with glass loads now in Trenton? Had to take mine to Le Saint, and I did see a few Millis guys over there. Nice people at Le Saint, and GD they were quick. Not so much at the brewery, however. Sat there for four friggin hours waiting to get loaded. That's gonna make my next load interesting....
We take all glass loads over to Wayne Madison drop yard. Millis daycabs will drag them over when needed. Lol they get pissed when one of us OTR guys pull in there.

Steelersjunkie

Welp, there's nothing like finding out that you were lied to by a broker first thing in the morning. This beer load was supposed to be here yesterday. The booking agent at Landstar was lied to as well, she was flabbergasted when I told her what was going on. Looks like I'm about to lose my next load, and that's a shame, it was a really good one. Thanks, C.H. Robinson. I appreciate the $1400 you just stole from me.

Reactions: MIT

MIT

I am enjoying my first paid vacation in over 20 years. Not doing anything at all except “normal” everyday stuff.

Was down in you neck of the woods yesterday SJ. Had to pick my son up from school.When will they ever finish that construction in downtown? Pretty sure it’s been going on for 3 years now.

Steelersjunkie

I am enjoying my first paid vacation in over 20 years. Not doing anything at all except “normal” everyday stuff.

Was down in you neck of the woods yesterday SJ. Had to pick my son up from school.When will they ever finish that construction in downtown? Pretty sure it’s been going on for 3 years now.
At least 3 years. I feel like 76 will NEVER be finished. The part west of downtown Akron. Parts of that road have been under construction for as long as I can remember. A couple decades at least. Soon as they finish something they start ripping up something else. It's friggin ridiculous. 77 through Akron should have been done a while ago as well, but clearly it isn't. It boggles the mind. As long as they keep that cancer away from my town, good enough. 619 was torn up for a good while near me which was annoying as hell. But I guess they finished that relatively quick, by Ohio standards.

Reactions: MIT