The Island of Misfit Toys

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Happiness is....

Dragging your fat ass out of bed at 11:30 at night to make a 6am delivery. Arriving at 5:33am and being told you can only deliver between 5pm and 5am, and no, there isn't anyplace here you can park while you call dispatch, you have to go.
That's when you do this... whip out $20 and a baseball bat. Then you use the following sentence... "Look buddy, this can go one of two ways..." 🤣🤣🤣

Snowblind

I chose option B.

Leave, miss turn in the dark, almost spin out going up icy hill, drive thru nice little subdivision of homes, harvest a few tree branches, finally make it back out to the real world then park in shopping center lot next to McDonalds and stop in between 2 signs that said No Semi Truck Parking.

It seemed much easier then your way :foreheadslap:

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
@Snowblind and @MIT I just had flashbacks from that god awful drop lot in Trenton. Just checked in at my pickup and had to go to a drop lot to park until they call me. And this lot sucks almost as bad as Trenton did. Trailers close together, very narrow spaces, potholes, mud and dust, christ. Good times.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
@SueAnn I'm sitting here talking to one of the most fascinating people I've ever met. Local guy who's a bull hauler. You'd like this guy I guarantee it. I'll tell you all about him tomorrow. Jesus he's hilarious. Crazy smart too. My favorite combination of person. Redneck, intelligent, smartass. Plus he's an Ohio guy so that ups his level in my eyes 🤣

SueAnn

Supporter
@SueAnn I'm sitting here talking to one of the most fascinating people I've ever met. Local guy who's a bull hauler. You'd like this guy I guarantee it. I'll tell you all about him tomorrow. Jesus he's hilarious. Crazy smart too. My favorite combination of person. Redneck, intelligent, smartass. Plus he's an Ohio guy so that ups his level in my eyes 🤣
Wondered what you were doing. He sounds like fun. Can't wait to hear all about it. I could use a good laugh. Have fun :x3:

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Just watched a Swift driver rip the bumper off of another truck in my home truck stop. After a while, you can't call this a stereotype. They just friggin suck. Trying to back into a slant spot in the opposite direction. Cuz, you know, that's how you do it :rolleyes-80:
20200120_141515.jpg

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
I believe that tonight is my trophy. My best day ever in this life. Details would be both unnecessary and long-winded. Damn I love this job. And when this run is over I get to hold mama. I've met some amazing people tonight, they made me family and I was a stranger a couple hours ago. Unreal. Not sure what it is about small towns in Ohio. Also don't know why I wanted so badly to leave this state when I was a kid. Never leaving at this point, I know that.

Last edited:
Reactions: AK7

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
My day so far....
Booked a quick easy straight-through run near home. Got to the exit, Akron cops have the road blocked off. Got permission to turn around in a neighboring business and came in from the other direction, also blocked off. Got permission from the cop there to go through, as the next driveway was my shipper. Got through that and some jacka** was broke down and blocking the entrance. Still managed to get in and was told I have the correct building, but the wrong side. Had to go back to the street and go further than permitted in order to get to the other side of the building. Cop wasn't happy. Now sitting in a dock for the last 45 minutes and these idiots haven't started me yet, might be late for delivery. Christ. Anyone got a beer?

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
What is the purpose of working for swift if they pay so little? How does someone even end up at swift?
I don't see the purpose of working as a company driver for ANY company, quite frankly. But as far as pay and companies go, you can do way worse than Swift. WAY worse.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
So, here's a tire question for y'all. Never seen this before. I noticed some road noise that was a little out of the ordinary, so I checked every single tire on my rig once I was docked at my delivery. All are good, and at the correct psi. All except one. Completely flat, zero psi. The tire is fairly new, and completely undamaged. Sidewalls and tread. It was fine this morning. Can a tire just lose its seal on the rim? If so, what would cause that? I don't recall any potholes that were especially severe, didn't curb it or run over anything. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Yo @r3gulator3 you were the one who was posting about bars on the road, right? If that was you, I have a great new spot to add to the list.

Last edited: