The Island of Misfit Toys

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
@Snowblind and @MIT I took a pic for a friend of mine who was complaining about his phone mount. He was extremely curious to see what I was using since I told him I had two phones and a tablet. So I snapped this pic so he could see my setup. Figured you'd appreciate how ridiculous it is lol. Dan Millis would have absolutely lost his mind if he saw this in my Millis truck ROFL. Ironically, the guy I took this for was a Millis guy too. Then followed me to Landstar, and he's coming to my company in January. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he has a crush on me or something :confused2: 🤣 Anyhow, here's my view goin' down the road...
20191212_163946.jpg

Snowblind

Damn dude, do you sunburn from all those screens glaring at you ?

I can see from looking out the windshield it was another fine dock you had today.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Damn dude, do you sunburn from all those screens glaring at you ?

I can see from looking out the windshield it was another fine dock you had today.
Lol they are all lit up for the picture. The phone on the right is my main phone, and the screen is always black. The tablet is for my ELD, which I always have in nighttime mode when I'm going down the road even in the daytime. When I'm rolling I typically turn that screen off unless ineed to check my remaining time. The phone on the left is simply a data slave. It's used for navigation along with my GPS. It always has Google maps going to warn me of upcoming problems/traffic jams/detours and keeps an eye out for cops. Who the hell needs a CB? When nighttime comes, Google automatically puts the map in night mode, GPS does the same thing. So I only have two screens on, it's not intrusive. And as for the view out my windshield, that's a very happy view. That's me at the end of the day. I'm at one of my little hideaways there, parked for the night. I'd tell YOU where it is of course, but anyone else can just luck into it like I did 😁

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Got my first glimmer of hope for local dedicated. Just grabbed a run for a guy who has daily freight going to Columbus and Cincy. Runs back to the shipper will be a piece of cake. Fantastic rates, home almost every night if I choose. @Snowblind I think I'm home.

Snowblind

Got my first glimmer of hope for local dedicated. Just grabbed a run for a guy who has daily freight going to Columbus and Cincy. Runs back to the shipper will be a piece of cake. Fantastic rates, home almost every night if I choose. @Snowblind I think I'm home.
Sorry I never returrned your call, it's been a really ****ed up few days. I'll try to catch up with you tomorrow, what time are you heading out?

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Sorry I never returrned your call, it's been a really ****ed up few days. I'll try to catch up with you tomorrow, what time are you heading out?
I'll be at my truck around 2:15, maybe 2:30. Heading out at 3. Gotta be in Cincy by 7. Hope you're alright, that doesn't sound good :(

Snowblind

I'll be at my truck around 2:15, maybe 2:30. Heading out at 3. Gotta be in Cincy by 7. Hope you're alright, that doesn't sound good :(
Was going to be starting at 3 but just got a text that my loads have been shifted. 1st delivery is now at 7am central, I'll give you a call after I get the unload going.

I'm fine, its all been the people around me.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
I'm fine, its all been the people around me.
I feel ya. Sorry 'bout your new schedule, betting that isn't making you happy. I know you like vampire hours like me. Holler at me whenever.

Fins

I love my 'vampire hours'. When I get a customer that doesn't open until 8 or 9, I just tell my travel agent I'll do it if there is nothing else. Otherwise, I just go sit at the gate and nap or read till the lazyasses come to work.

MIT

@Snowblind and @MIT I took a pic for a friend of mine who was complaining about his phone mount. He was extremely curious to see what I was using since I told him I had two phones and a tablet. So I snapped this pic so he could see my setup. Figured you'd appreciate how ridiculous it is lol. Dan Millis would have absolutely lost his mind if he saw this in my Millis truck ROFL. Ironically, the guy I took this for was a Millis guy too. Then followed me to Landstar, and he's coming to my company in January. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he has a crush on me or something :confused2: 🤣 Anyhow, here's my view goin' down the road...
View attachment 53577
What kind of mounts do you use?

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Right about now I'm happy that I have a gift for schmoozing. I'm pretty tight with all the folks who matter at my home truck stop. I'm gonna be setting my truck up with as much winter protection as I can give it. Full bottle of Howe's in each tank, which is double what it needs for sub-zero weather. Was given my shop foreman's word that I'll get a free jump since I'm in the parking lot and get pretty much all my work done there. Getting a pass from the GM to let this pig sit here for 10 days without worry of a tow truck. Heading out on my first vacation with my wife after being together for 14 years, and if I said I was excited I'd be understating it. I won't have internet or cell service, so I'm going to take this moment to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Be safe, have fun, enjoy your families. This will without a doubt be the best Christmas I've ever had, hanging out in the sun with my wife and her entire family. As much as I love this holiday, I hate the music. Same tired *ss songs we've been hearing since birth. With that in mind, I leave you with the only Christmas song I support.

Ho Ho Ho, and all that. See/talk to you guys around New Year's Eve. Hope y'all have a fantastic holiday.

Snowblind

Opened the pilot app to check on something when I parked just now and saw Nitro, W.V. listed under "Visit us at a nearby location"

Riiiight, I'd pay out of pocket and turn the receipt in before I fueled there again.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Jesus man, cut back will ya, you're running that thing into the ground.
I'm driving to Miami and back over Christmas. That'll be like almost 9 months worth of regular driving. This life cracks me up.

Latest posts