The Island of Misfit Toys

Trucker186

I appreciate diplomacy. I've just clearly become full-on grumpy old man. Don't care anymore. Not trying to help you hook up with a past friend. If it mattered they would have exchanged numbers a while ago.
Well we couldn't they already took his pm messegeing away so we were talking in a thread. Which is why he got banned. They took his pms away because somebody asked if he wanted to do something owner op related and from there on it got confusing. I clearly see I've pissed in your cornflakes so I will leave and not start and argument my 2nd day on the the forum. Have a nice day,happy trucking and go steelers.

Last edited:

Trucker186

Although I seem to be in agreement with you overall when it comes to at least option A, if not more, he really did post a thread about finding this other person. @Duck referred him over to this thread knowing we were recently/still are (in some cases) across the street.

@Trucker186 the screen name over there of the person you are trying to find was " '07 KW w/53' Conestoga"

No, I never heard of him. No, I didn't know him. No, I don't know any way you can make contact with him. However having the correct name may be beneficial in your search. Personally I am having a hard time figuring out how you don't remember the name of someone that you considered to be a friend over there especially since you said you had only a few, but no matter, either way at least you have the full name now. Maybe try Google, he might be active someplace else.
Thanks for the name buddy I thought It was like that but I only remembered a 07 and the Conestoga part. He had a beautiful KW.

Last edited:

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Yet here you are doing the same thing in open forum.....
I'm not, actually. I made my own little corner over here and bought my people here. At least the folks who felt like being on two separate forums. And I'm certainly not bothering you.

Reactions: MIT

Duck

Kleenex
Supporter
Although I seem to be in agreement with you overall when it comes to at least option A, if not more, he really did post a thread about finding this other person. @Duck referred him over to this thread knowing we were recently/still are (in some cases) across the street.

@Trucker186 the screen name over there of the person you are trying to find was " '07 KW w/53' Conestoga"

No, I never heard of him. No, I didn't know him. No, I don't know any way you can make contact with him. However having the correct name may be beneficial in your search. Personally I am having a hard time figuring out how you don't remember the name of someone that you considered to be a friend over there especially since you said you had only a few, but no matter, either way at least you have the full name now. Maybe try Google, he might be active someplace else.
Yeah I figured you guys might know who he was looking for. My bad. 😕

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
@Snowblind yup, this may pan out very well. The run this morning was a blind load (kind of) and I'm not really thrilled about the customer. But I believe that over time this will be a good relationship. Can't count chickens yet, but I'm warming up the fryer lol.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
It wasn't pretty but I'll take a win. Hope the Rooney's have something planned for the draft. Hope the NFL has something planned for refs who can actually call a game. Christ.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
@Snowblind I didn't realize until I crossed the fence how much most of the megas we hate on are involved in brokered freight. It's mind boggling. The amount of freight owned by them is staggering. Not necessarily a bad thing either. My run yesterday was a JB Hunt load for Amazon. My load today is a Landstar load. Makes me a little angry now that I'm over here. With all of this available freight (at better rates) it's no wonder some of these companies (like my ex) have load boards. The bummer of that situation is that you're being forced to haul your particular company's stuff, that's all you get. Yesterday's run was a $3 load, today's is close to that. Makes me want to walk into the front office in Jacksonville and punch some mf'ers in the face. Why didn't I have these loads available to me on your end? No wonder they have the nickname "Landstarve". I'm sure there's some crap going on behind the scenes that I wasn't aware of. But Jesus man, I was getting robbed. Buyer beware, I guess.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Welp, blinders are officially off now. Still pissed at all the ineptitude that is the genetic makeup of my last company. I'm also pissed that I now have to emphasize with the folks over there who posted and booked the freight on their board. It's definitely much better dealing with brokers directly. However, I'm learning pretty quick that there are quite a few dullards in their camp as well. At least I have one less step in the game of telephone. The broker for my last load made me feel sympathy for the Landstar "agents", and that's simply unforgivable. Meh, whatever. My day ended well, so all is good I suppose. Cheers y'all.
20191205_184347.jpg

Last edited:

MIT

Checked for alerts for a couple weeks and here you guys have been chatting all along.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Checked for alerts for a couple weeks and here you guys have been chatting all along.
Just like any of these boards, alerts don't always come through when they're supposed to. Happened to me all the time on TTR, and this seems to be the same platform as that site.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Easy there, Cowboy.
Not at all fair for you to point out that I haven't gotten over something that you don't understand even a little. Especially when you posted several times about folks criticizing your ambitions of hotshot trucking and pointing out the very real risks of going that route. If you scroll back you'll see and remember that I defended you. But like you chose to point out to me, I will point out to you that you aren't letting THAT go. Clearly it's a sore spot. You have yours, I have mine. Deal with it, "cowboy". Changed jobs a month ago into a whole new universe and it's amazing. Until you climb out of that company truck and deal with life over here, your comments are retarded. The hardest part of any type of O/O is the beginning. Surviving the climb. No, still haven't gotten over the thievery and lies. Criticize me all you want when you taste the air over here on your own. Until then, I won't take it easy. I'll take it any way I choose.

Last edited:

Electric Chicken

Supporter
Not at all fair for you to point out that I haven't gotten over something that you don't understand even a little. Especially when you posted several times about folks criticizing your ambitions of hotshot trucking and pointing out the very real risks of going that route. If you scroll back you'll see and remember that I defended you. But like you chose to point out to me, I will point out to you that you aren't letting THAT go. Clearly it's a sore spot. You have yours, I have mine. Deal with it, "cowboy". Changed jobs a month ago into a whole new universe and it's amazing. Until you climb out of that company truck and deal with life over here, your comments are retarded. The hardest part of any type of O/O is the beginning. Surviving the climb. No, still haven't gotten over the thievery and lies. Criticize me all you want when you taste the air over here on your own. Until then, I won't take it easy. I'll take it any way I choose.
I was just teasing you a little. I didn't mean to hit a real sore spot. I apologise.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
I was just teasing you a little. I didn't mean to hit a real sore spot. I apologise.
I apologize as well. You're probably right. I should just let stuff from that job go. It makes me want to put my fist through a wall sometimes when I have a week like I just had. So smooth, so professional. I should have left a long time ago. Nothing I can do about it until I learn how to build a time machine. For what it's worth, thanks for smacking me into a better mindset, I needed it. I am super grateful for my job here. It's hard sometimes when something great happens here to not look back and remember the misery and the diametrically opposed nature of things over there. It will realistically take about three to four months to recover from the downslide I went through because of the downslide they are going through. That giant will fall, or at least be crippled. That makes me happy.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
I apologize as well. You're probably right. I should just let stuff from that job go. It makes me want to put my fist through a wall sometimes when I have a week like I just had. So smooth, so professional. I should have left a long time ago. Nothing I can do about it until I learn how to build a time machine. For what it's worth, thanks for smacking me into a better mindset, I needed it. I am super grateful for my job here. It's hard sometimes when something great happens here to not look back and remember the misery and the diametrically opposed nature of things over there. It will realistically take about three to four months to recover from the downslide I went through because of the downslide they are going through. That giant will fall, or at least be crippled. That makes me happy.
That's alright I'll forever ***** about my Schneider shocks.