The Island of Misfit Toys

AK7

Welp, I guess this'll be my last shot in the dark on this thread, because noone else is participating, apparently. Today was probably the weirdest twist I've ever experienced. The load I'm hauling goes to a fraternity house at a college in Indiana, not going to name either. Load is supposed to deliver Monday at 8am. Somehow the job of unloading the trailer (unbeknownst to me) was on the shoulders of the kids. On a friggin Monday while school is in session. I called the woman in charge half an hour ago and asked if tomorrow would be better. Not only was she thrilled, the whole house was thrilled. AND, I have more workers, AND I have better opportunities for freight. This, my friends, is a good day. Let the beer rain down from the heavens. At this moment in time I'm probably the happiest trucker you'll encounter today. Except for leaving home at 5am on a Sunday 🤣 Oh well at least I'll have a fresh 70. Noone likes stale 70s. They start attracting fruit flies after a while.
giphy (3).gif

I see this in your future...lol

In other news,a neighbor brought some of these over..
Life is good in my hood where this is not available.
20190824_185349.jpg

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
View attachment 51570

I see this in your future...lol

In other news,a neighbor brought some of these over..
Life is good in my hood where this is not available.
View attachment 51571
Just curiuos... where are you at that Yuengling isn't available? I remember the days when it wasn't available outside of Pennsylvania. My friends and I made semi-regular runs across the border when there was gonna be a big cookout or gathering. But I was under the impression that you can get it anywhere now. My wife used to be a bartender. I'll never forget her excited text announcing that Yuengling would be at the bar the following week. The owner couldn't keep up with the demand when it happened. And by the way, you just quoted one of my all-time favorite movies 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: AK7

AK7

Just curiuos... where are you at that Yuengling isn't available? I remember the days when it wasn't available outside of Pennsylvania. My friends and I made semi-regular runs across the border when there was gonna be a big cookout or gathering. But I was under the impression that you can get it anywhere now. My wife used to be a bartender. I'll never forget her excited text announcing that Yuengling would be at the bar the following week. The owner couldn't keep up with the demand when it happened. And by the way, you just quoted on of my all-time favorite movies 😁
Wisconsin...

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly, but I could swear I've seen that in bars up there. Perhaps not. Used to work for a company based in Wisconsin so I was up there a lot. I remember New Glarus was a big deal. I also remember that if you ordered anything other than a Wisconsin beer you got the stink eye from everyone 🤣🤣🤣

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Dunno if any other Garmin users are experiencing my frustrations. I bring my unit home at least once a month for updates. Garmin Express (the installation software) has updated 3 times in a row and the functionality seems worse every time. I'm at the point where I've turned the traffic updates off on my GPS. They come way too frequently and they are 100% inaccurate 100% of the time. It's cute that you're trying to justify the cost of your product, Garmin. But I'll go ahead and rely on Google maps for my traffic updates. I am always running Google Maps at the same time I'm running my GPS for that reason. I'm amazed that Google never made their own brand of GPS units. I'd be the first guy in line if it ever happens.

Last edited:

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Picked up a load in Memphis on Thursday doesn’t deliver till Monday 8 am. Sitting at TA in Harborcreek. Family was busy this weekend so no point swinging by house. Going to head to final tomorrow sit there till 8 am start off Monday with 1000 miles and a fresh clock only bright spot to this weekend.
It's been so long I don't remember... what day do you guys have to have your trips turned in for the pay week? Is it Friday or Sunday?

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Never knew anything about Purdue University til briefly visiting today. Wow, that place is cool. Gorgeous campus, killer architecture. That was a fun delivery. Got a lot of strange looks rolling through the campus in my truck 🤣

Reactions: MIT

MIT

Never knew anything about Purdue University til briefly visiting today. Wow, that place is cool. Gorgeous campus, killer architecture. That was a fun delivery. Got a lot of strange looks rolling through the campus in my truck 🤣
That’s one of the things I enjoy about driving. Seeing these places that I’ve only heard about. Seeing Baylor University down in Tx, driving by the Louisville Cardinal stadium in Ky, lol even Mount Union. Place is only an hour or so from my house but never really knew where it was until I got a load of soap.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
That’s one of the things I enjoy about driving. Seeing these places that I’ve only heard about. Seeing Baylor University down in Tx, driving by the Louisville Cardinal stadium in Ky, lol even Mount Union. Place is only an hour or so from my house but never really knew where it was until I got a load of soap.
Agreed. There’s a number of places I’ve been to, that, if it weren’t for trucking, I’d probably never have gone to see. I think I’m pretty lucky that a lot of these places I’ve gone to has really only cost me a bit of extra fuel and the price of admission.

Although finding truck parking at some of the places is a bit....inventive :D

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
I’d rather kick it off on Sunday too. Frees up Monday to grab the next load and keep rolling.

Dispatchers never understood that. Leaving Sunday just gets the week started right. Futz around Monday morning instead and half of Monday is shot waiting for them to remember how to turn on the computer.
Tried to keep moving after delivery today, but as you stated nobody can keep their computer on. Or answer phone calls. Or answer emails. It'll always be amazing to me that folks who control our work flow can't manage to be awake at the wheel on the weekends. I'm not throwing every broker under the bus, there are some good ones. But I'm sitting here in a position to grab 6 loads RIGHT NOW and these losers can't be bothered. Well **** it, their loss I guess. When the load boards regens in the morning and 200 more loads are available (and there will be) all 6 of those brokers can suck it. I wanna make money, why don't you? I guess my consolation prize today is delivering early and being in a much better situation tomorrow. Plus I met some great people today. Those fraternity kids were awesome. Gave them $40 for their hard work, told them to get a couple cases of beer on me.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Tried to keep moving after delivery today, but as you stated nobody can keep their computer on. Or answer phone calls. Or answer emails. It'll always be amazing to me that folks who control our work flow can't manage to be awake at the wheel on the weekends. I'm not throwing every broker under the bus, there are some good ones. But I'm sitting here in a position to grab 6 loads RIGHT NOW and these losers can't be bothered. Well **** it, their loss I guess. When the load boards regens in the morning and 200 more loads are available (and there will be) all 6 of those brokers can suck it. I wanna make money, why don't you?
I hate freight brokers. And customs brokers. Also, bond brokers.

I even started a thread on how much I hate them :D

They’re either dumb, incompetent, lazy, can’t do basic math, can’t read a map, pathological liars, snake oil salesman, bereft of basic human decency or a combination of everything.
Oh I forgot inbred degenerates, too

Friggin’ brokers :thefinger:

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter

They’re either dumb, incompetent, lazy, can’t do basic math, can’t read a map, pathological liars, snake oil salesman, bereft of basic human decency or a combination of everything.

So, I'm getting the slight feeling that you don't like brokers... Maybe I'm wrong. Just a guess 🤣🤣🤣
im-sensing-sarcasm.jpg

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter

By the way, you can say or do anything you want even if it's negative in response to any of my posts. You get a free pass because you used the word "bereft". I love folks with an intelligent vocabulary. Rock on brother, move the IQ amongst our peers up. But good luck, we got a lot of tards out here. But I'm in your corner. Fire away 😁👍