The following language is no longer allowed.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Supporter
Not among adults.

That’s why I said it.

If you want to continue to make yourself look like a teenager then have at it.

But it looks foolish to be an adult and try to act like a teenager. Kind of like a 40 year old woman that shops at the 20 year old woman store. Desperately trying to hold on to her glory days but man do those yoga pants have an odd shape.

Same thing. Figuratively.

This is a text environment. To be better understood is to use the language everyone understands. Not what pop culture tells you is neato or swell.
But, I’m not trying to convey I’m or I am. If verbally speaking that’s not what is coming out of my mouth. I’m saying the word Ima. So that’s what is written. Glad I honestly don’t give a flying **** what anyone thinks about it.

Duck

Nose-Man
Supporter
But, I’m not trying to convey I’m or I am. If verbally speaking that’s not what is coming out of my mouth. I’m saying the word Ima. So that’s what is written. Glad I honestly don’t give a flying **** what anyone thinks about it.
You're gonna learn you some proper grammar young man! Don't make me slap your knuckles with this here ruler!

90749968091eaf49e1958af1293d2dfa43bb26b7~2.jpg

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Supporter
You're gonna learn you some proper grammar young man! Don't make me slap your knuckles with this here ruler!

View attachment 53496
I ain’t scared. I have been hit with far worse.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was hit in the bits with a 3 pound hammer? Oh wait grammar rules I probably should of typed three instead of 3 but anywho.

Ebonics as a second language.
It’s not Ebonics actually. Ima is a southern thing like y’all and ain’t and fixin’. The reason people from places like New York City have a problem with it is because they aren’t part of the culture and consider everyone who doesn’t speak like them to be poorly educated, or just stupid. Well I have a problem with how New Yorkers speak. There’s not a ****ing L in chimney, no R in inches and words like car and tire have Rs in them that you lack pronouncing. Gets even worse as you get up into Massachusetts and Maine.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
It’s not Ebonics actually. Ima is a southern thing like y’all and ain’t and fixin’. The reason people from places like New York City have a problem with it is because they aren’t part of the culture and consider everyone who doesn’t speak like them to be poorly educated, or just stupid. Well I have a problem with how New Yorkers speak. There’s not a ****ing L in chimney, no R in inches and words like car and tire have Rs in them that you lack pronouncing. Gets even worse as you get up into Massachusetts and Maine.
You're a midwesterner, which makes you just another carpet bagger in the South.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Supporter
You're a midwesterner, which makes you just another carpet bagger in the South.
You can’t help what you pick up on, most of my dad’s family is from Texas. It’s also funny how you always say Tejas which is Spanish for shingles. Lol

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
You can’t help what you pick up on, most of my dad’s family is from Texas. It’s also funny how you always say Tejas which is Spanish for shingles. Lol
Apparently you can use Google translator, however I plead common usage.

Last edited:

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Ima keep using Ima 2. I actually figured this was written 4 me. Anybody with any intelligence knows the ultimate test of any thing written or spoken is whether or not it is understood. So therefore Ima is perfect. So is 2. So is 4. So is B. So is U.
That’s a meme, and an untrue one. If it were true no language would ever have been developed.

Fill out a job application and use teenage pop culture phonetic renderings as a middle aged adult and see what happens.

They might still hire you, but they’re still going to think you’re an idiot and treat you accordingly.

Do what you want. I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. I’m simply stating the truth.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
But that's exactly how all languages were developed.

I would prefer for any employer to think I am an idiot. If they know you're smart and can do more they **** you over and have you do more than the idiots. I learned that when I was at Walmart years ago. They teach you that in their training for the ones who aspire to be someone in the company. They even allowed us to buy Sams book and read it.

You're stating your opinion not the truth.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
But that's exactly how all languages were developed.

I would prefer for any employer to think I am an idiot. If they know you're smart and can do more they **** you over and have you do more than the idiots. I learned that when I was at Walmart years ago. They teach you that in their training for the ones who aspire to be someone in the company. They even allowed us to buy Sams book and read it.

You're stating your opinion not the truth.
Do you think people like Albert Einstein and Elon Musk dumbed down their own language when communicating with colleagues?

And if they did would they command the same level of respect?

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
Do you think people like Albert Einstein and Elon Musk dumbed down their own language when communicating with colleagues?

And if they did would they command the same level of respect?
Well Einstein was a horrible student so language snobs would probably be dumb enough to not respect him. But written language is in no way a guage of someone's intelligence so any intelligent person wouldn't care.

Musk is a con man and I seriously doubt anyone with any intelligence respects him. I'm sure they respect the money but not him.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Well Einstein was a horrible student so language snobs would probably be dumb enough to not respect him. But written language is in no way a guage of someone's intelligence so any intelligent person wouldn't care.

Musk is a con man and I seriously doubt anyone with any intelligence respects him. I'm sure they respect the money but not him.
That’s true about Einstein but not so much about Musk.

Did you program PayPal? Takes a fairly smart person to do that. Takes a fairly smart person to design reusable rockets too. Morons don’t make underwater craft that can be used for rescue operations also.

I’m sure both these guys have a decent command of their own language.

In a text environment it’s the first thing people are going to judge you on.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
That’s true about Einstein but not so much about Musk.

Did you program PayPal? Takes a fairly smart person to do that. Takes a fairly smart person to design reusable rockets too. Morons don’t make underwater craft that can be used for rescue operations also.

I’m sure both these guys have a decent command of their own language.

In a text environment it’s the first thing people are going to judge you on.
Musk gets credit for things that people at his company does. That's why he is a con man. Not one single person designed reusable rockets, programmed PayPal, etc. That underwater craft was a joke. Almost as bad as the electric truck.

Some people judge people on how they communicate in a txt environment. But not everyone does and it is not a guage of intelligence.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve heard that before but my experience is that dumb people also spell and use language poorly.

Where this started though, was whether or not someone 35 or 40 years old looks like an idiot trying to talk like a teenager.

I tend to think so.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
Some dumb people spell and use language poorly. Not everyone who spells and uses language poorly is dumb. I am not great at spelling. I had hearing difficulties as a child. My IQ is well above average. My youngest daughter is mediocre at spelling but scored in the top 1% in the nation on college entrance exams.

I some what agree with you about someone middle aged trying to talk like a teenager. But this is a forum not a novel. Some things that you think are not appropriate are perfectly acceptable in another part of the country. The word Y'all is acceptable in my area but the "smart" people that program auto correct couldn't get it right for years. It would change to ya'll.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Some dumb people spell and use language poorly. Not everyone who spells and uses language poorly is dumb. I am not great at spelling. I had hearing difficulties as a child. My IQ is well above average. My youngest daughter is mediocre at spelling but scored in the top 1% in the nation on college entrance exams.

I some what agree with you about someone middle aged trying to talk like a teenager. But this is a forum not a novel. Some things that you think are not appropriate are perfectly acceptable in another part of the country. The word Y'all is acceptable in my area but the "smart" people that program auto correct couldn't get it right for years. It would change to ya'll.
I’m not sure what the rules for contractions are. Where to put the apostrophe and eliminate letters. It’d be interesting to learn that.