TESLA Truck?

krelithous

Supporter
it will be interesting to see how many of the computer screens crap out on drivers:mad:. musk can't even build a car right let alone a semi

krelithous

Supporter
For real. What's so damned autopilot about not being able to take your hands off the wheel? My dad's 1955 Pontiac has that version. It's called cruise control.
and you wanted a model s id'e feel safer in a freaking yugo:rolllaugh3:

krelithous

Supporter
The old straw-man argument. I'm assuming you're saying the proposed truck is a "POS" and thus Musk doesn't deserve Federal grants for any of his enterprises. I can't really speak to whether the truck is going to work, hence the reason I started this thread, but I can say that Musk is an extraordinary asset to this country and I'm not bothered by any Federal grants that make their way to him. Perhaps you're not keen on electric cars but let's examine SpaceX - it's the WORLD LEADER (governments included) on rocket technology - surely you can get behind that?
SPACEX. last i know that was supposed to be for high speed satellite internets. i don't know what he's using it for now but it seems like he's using it for other things. but his claim was that his satellite internet would be blazing fast with no latency... how in the hell are you not going to have no latency issues when the signal has to travel 30,00 miles per say to the satallite in space then back down to the server and back up again:confused-96:.

Mike

Staff member
I mean, if I'm engaging and relying on autopilot, it's BECAUSE I want to be inattentive.
As will everyone else who is in a truck like this. And they will be inattentive, no matter how hard it is stressed not to, and drivers will be clueless of their surroundings if and when it is required that they take over.

krelithous

Supporter
sitting in the middle and not having gauges and having a computer screen in front of oneself looks like major distractions:stare1:.

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Plugged in somewhere at a truckstop in Minnesota, wondering why their salt infested electric motors won't take a charge as their drivers sit in a motel for a few nights ;)
or you get a warning light saying that battery voltage is low and it leaves you stranded:rolllaugh3:

krelithous

Supporter
i would like to know what there gonna charge for an hour of service. i know for there cars it's almost 200.00 an hour vs a regular stealership. so where is one saving money:confused-96:

dchawk81

As will everyone else who is in a truck like this. And they will be inattentive, no matter how hard it is stressed not to, and drivers will be clueless of their surroundings if and when it is required that they take over.
Yep don't call it autopilot if I can't walk back to the rear of the plane to pee.

Call it cruise control because that's all it is. If my hands have to be on the wheel and I have to be fully attentive to take over at a moment's notice, it ain't autopilot.

And if a car with "autopilot" can't let me take my hands off the wheel, how's a truck supposed to be self-driving?

krelithous

Supporter
i would like him to present the data of the cost of operation along with how much it costs to buy. i am willing to bet that you'll have to drive it to the moon and back to get the return on investment:eek:. as most of these toys priced through the roof. nothing more than an iphone on wheels:coocoo::stare1:

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Time will tell how well the gigantic iPhone on wheels holds up in real world use