Tesla tanking

r3gulator3

Eurotruck race enthusiast
Supporter
But Walmart is an employee owned company. So technically there can only be a 51% stock hold by a board. Unless they buy back the company from the employees. Which can be done I’m sure I have just never heard of it.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
But Walmart is an employee owned company. So technically there can only be a 51% stock hold by a board. Unless they buy back the company from the employees. Which can be done I’m sure I have just never heard of it.

Ummm. No

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
2/3 of those are out of business
Yes but different reasons other than their private fleets.

Also, for those who think Walmart and Tesla are not a related subject, that is also incorrect.

r3gulator3

Supporter
It’s not an employee owned company.

The best thing to happen to this thread would be people to stop talking out their ass.
You don’t have ESOP at Walmart? That is word that I have gotten from multiple Walmart drivers I talked to. I considered working there until I found out about driver cameras. No thanks.

That being said I will stand corrected. Tell the other Walmart Driver’s to stop talking ****.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
You don’t have ESOP at Walmart? That is word that I have gotten from multiple Walmart drivers I talked to. I considered working there until I found out about driver cameras. No thanks.

That being said I will stand corrected. Tell the other Walmart Driver’s to stop talking ****.
More great information.

Employee stock is not employee ownership.

Also, the cameras facing the driver are allowed to be covered, but outward facing must be clear.

r3gulator3

Supporter
Who said any such thing?

This is what I mean by ass-talking.
this was me being presumptive with the previous post to this. When you give shares to your employees it is an employee owned company. For the company to be self owned they have to but those shares back. That’s ok I’ll just show myself out.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
they could be ramping up the hiring, so that when they sell off the fleet, maybe that other company will take some of the drivers? there would have to be a massive hiring event for the new fleet, and that would be nearly impossible, so go with a "few" current drivers?

it's only a matter of time, when "strategically" they will get rid of the high expenses of a fleet.
That is the complete opposite of what I have seen here. Walmart started out with outside carriers, They later hired all of them drivers from the outside carriers to Walmart Fleet. Instant Walmart employee! I kind of wished I was working for one of those carriers to avoid jumping through hoops like walmart new hires go through.
Walmart fleet is always expanding.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
That is the complete opposite of what I have seen here. Walmart started out with outside carriers, They later hired all of them drivers from the outside carriers to Walmart Fleet. Instant Walmart employee! I kind of wished I was working for one of those carriers to avoid jumping through hoops like walmart new hires go through.
Like UPS. Catch 'em when they're desperate and you don't have to be a temp on call package handler hopeful sometimes driver first. You can get in the seat right away and **** off all the people who had to go to boot camp.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
The private fleet was started because Sam had a hard time finding trucks to pull his freight to his (then) remote stores, even on his trailers.

Latest posts