Teaming for Knight??

teamingalong

Well my bro-in-law and I started teaming for Knight last week. Would have to say one of the worst if not the worst week trucking ever. Wondering if there are any other teams out there for Knight. Low freight volume. Promised 6000-7000 mi a week "no problem". First week out did not even break 3000. Is it just our terminal or the company? Wont say wich terminal but it is in TX. Really like the company and the benifits but damm like is not making or even coming close to bills. Is this a-typical for Knight? thanks in advance for any info.

the big bad trucker j

Well my bro-in-law and I started teaming for Knight last week. Would have to say one of the worst if not the worst week trucking ever. Wondering if there are any other teams out there for Knight. Low freight volume. Promised 6000-7000 mi a week "no problem". First week out did not even break 3000. Is it just our terminal or the company? Wont say wich terminal but it is in TX. Really like the company and the benifits but damm like is not making or even coming close to bills. Is this a-typical for Knight? thanks in advance for any info.
That just how they are they are not set up to run team
Posted via Mobile Device

Chae Transport

Stay out of Katy TX, them people have their drivers that will run the best freight in that area and the rest will be crap. The only way to survive as a team with Knight or Swift is to bring on your own truck and not run one of theirs

Roadmedic

Stay out of Katy TX, them people have their drivers that will run the best freight in that area and the rest will be crap. The only way to survive as a team with Knight or Swift is to bring on your own truck and not run one of theirs
Seems to me that if you have your own truck, avoiding them in full would be best.

Chae Transport

Seems to me that if you have your own truck, avoiding them in full would be best.
Some people that do own their own truck, lack the connection and experience to be successful with out the assistance of a company to lease to. Some people do not have the financial means to run their own authority and some people do not have the motivation to make it successful. When I first went out on my own it was by means of my own truck, yet I leased it to a company with the resources to keep freight on it. Until I had the knowledge and means to do it myself

yvohath1234

I would like to know if I own my own truck can I run freight with whoever I want? Or do I have to hook to one company , I would just like to take the next load available from a pool of options.

Mike

Staff member
I would like to know if I own my own truck can I run freight with whoever I want? Or do I have to hook to one company , I would just like to take the next load available from a pool of options.
If you don't want to be leased to one particular company, you need to get your own operating authority. Then you can introduce yourself to the wonderful joy of dealing with freight brokers on a daily basis.

bigyellowpete

Town Bike
Supporter
If you don't want to be leased to one particular company, you need to get your own operating authority. Then you can introduce yourself to the wonderful joy of dealing with freight brokers on a daily basis.
I am leased to a small company, but often try to book my own freight if I am starting out at home plate. I so love talking to these guys and hearing about all the wonderful rates they have!:chop: