Tanker Yanker on board the forums

Fins

Hi all. New to the board. I never knew it existed. :dunno: I've been truckin' for 40 years starting December 1979. Anyway, been yankin a tank for most of my trucking life. Had a small fleet of Pete's pulling skateboards and dry boxes. I got out of that after I realized that you were only keeping a truck destroyer employed. Two years OTR with my wife doing OD with Daily Express. Great company to get your feet wet in the OD life. We got to see all 48 plus some of Canada and got paid for it. We ran a '99, 379, 300" W/B, C-16/600/18918 DOD. Made enough to settle back in at home and buy a nice house.

I went back to tank work doing aviation fuels for the best people I have ever worked for. Like being an OO without the bills. I run the business like it's my own. The customers are great and I keep them happy with the best service they can get. Currently running a '17 389, 260" W/B, 500 ISX with 10 cogs. Looks like I'll be here until I retire for the 3rd time.

You can take the driver out of the truck, but no the truck out of the driver. Good to be here. Hope that I can contribute to the forum in a helpful way.

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
@Keendriver thinks he’s a tanker driver too.

he thinks a lot of things.
Keendriver knows; told me so himself. When he says that he "thinks" something, he actually knows but he is just giving amateurs a chance to contribute. My son-in-law, Mitch, is an attorney; he claims that he's a "giver." I'm sure Keendriver learned-up folks like Mitch on that virtue.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
That semicolon is killing me. I can’t figure out if it’s misplaced or not.

A semicolon is used to conjoin two statements that could stand alone on their own as sentences.

But at least one of those would be a sentence fragment on its own, but I’m not entirely sure I know all the rules for semicolon usage and I’m pretty good at killing me some commas...

And some ellipses...

Language makes me crazy.

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter

A semicolon is used to conjoin two statements that could stand alone on their own as sentences.

But at least one of those would be a sentence fragment on its own, but I’m not entirely sure I know all the rules for semicolon usage and I’m pretty good at killing me some commas...

And some ellipses...

Language makes me crazy.
That there semi colon should be replaced with a coma.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
That there semi colon should be replaced with a coma.
Better play it safe and go with a medically induced coma, as opposed to an uncontrollable one from a head injury or diabetic shock.

Or better yet, avoid the coma altogether and just use a comma. 😁

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
I made that so damn obvious I don't know how anyone missed it. I think even sven could've got it.

r3gulator3

Professional mFinG Asshole-ee-0
Supporter

And some ellipses...

Language makes me crazy.
You are putting way too much thought into this.