Stupid car

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
My Buick has no brake lights or turn signals.

But it aint the bulbs or the fuses. The 4way flashers work.

Drivers door power window only works on even numbered calendar days too.

I'd say this is the last General Motors product I'll ever buy but I already made that decision years ago when I learned that Big Brother can still track you to your secret bunker with OnStar even if you don't pay for the service. :mad:

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
did you test the brake light switch itself?
Wouldn't explain why the turn signals went out simultaneously. I don't even get the indicator lights in the dash.
What year is the car?

Doesn't have OnStar. Newer vehicles do, which is why I won't get one.

I have a feeling it's that stupid "body control module". If that's the case I'm just going to bust out the windows & take it to a demolition derby. It's the only thing any vehicle built this century is good for anyway.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Actually the first thing I'm gonna check out when I get home is the trailer light wires. They're normally inside the trunk where I made the connections. I have to close the trunk lid on the wires on the rare occasions I have a trailer hooked up. Not a problem because of the foam weatherstrip but maybe it got caught in the latch. :dunno:

I'm about 90 miles away from the car right now though.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Look at the wiring diagram. You'd see why it is a conspiracy.

them damn protons and stuff doing strange things.
Has nuthin' ta do with protons 'n stuff. Its all run on smoke. As long as the smoke stays in it works. If ya let the smoke out... well ya get problems.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Has nuthin' ta do with protons 'n stuff. Its all run on smoke. As long as the smoke stays in it works. If ya let the smoke out... well ya get problems.
Great,.smoke signals.. . so it was designed by Indians...

Where's Andrew Jackson when you need him? :mad:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Wouldn't explain why the turn signals went out simultaneously. I don't even get the indicator lights in the dash.

Doesn't have OnStar. Newer vehicles do, which is why I won't get one.

I have a feeling it's that stupid "body control module". If that's the case I'm just going to bust out the windows & take it to a demolition derby. It's the only thing any vehicle built this century is good for anyway.
Couldn't possibly just be a wire. Gotta be the most expensive thing right out the gate, huh..

With electricity, use the KISS method, always. It's like water. It'll always take the path of least resistance. If there's a hole, it'll most likely go there. Find the hole. Simple.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
With THIS pile of ****, yes
I would suggest, before you spend a ****-ton of money throwing parts at it, get your little $4 test poker light thingy and find where the spark gets lost.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I would suggest, before you spend a ****-ton of money throwing parts at it, get your little $4 test poker light thingy and find where the spark gets lost.
Jeez, Yer no fun.

Ya gotta start with the computer first and then move to the easiest last.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
No. :mad:
Jeez, Yer no fun.

Ya gotta start with the computer first and then move to the easiest last.
With THIS pile of ****, that would be the most logical.

That BCM was replaced twice already. The first time under warranty, the 2nd time the dealer fleeced me for $1400.

Damn thing controls everything, even the tail, brake, turn lights. The horn, the ignition switch, power windows, HVAC, speedometer, everything. That way it can log everything and rat you out after an accident.

krelithous

Supporter
No. :mad:

With THIS pile of ****, that would be the most logical.

That BCM was replaced twice already. The first time under warranty, the 2nd time the dealer fleeced me for $1400.

Damn thing controls everything, even the tail, brake, turn lights. The horn, the ignition switch, power windows, HVAC, speedometer, everything. That way it can log everything and rat you out after an accident.
time for a new carHorseAndTrap.jpg