Storm Gia

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter
why are the winter storms being named now..???

is the weather service that backed up with names saved for hurricanes?

Joker11

Supporter
I don’t know why they name them. They could do like NY does to schools and just name them like PS132.
Storm 132 coming in hot!

I don’t know. Probably just for simplistic tracking reasons. People talk about it.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
I gotta say here in the Upper Miwest weve been "lucky"..

Coupla days after Thankgiving had the Bilzzard and 80mph wind rattling like the siding was gonna blow off..

After that not very much more than Flurries..

Just a couple days ago was like almost 50 ..

Frooze last coulpa days but its gonna hit 40s again..

Last year no big storm but every other day was 2/3/4 inches...

As soon as ya shoveled out ...Another 2/3 inches..

April 2018 still had "Subzero" temps too

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter

Just to make them sound more like armageddon and get more idiots glued to the TV eagerly awaiting the slightest updates to find out if they're going to live or die in the next few hours.... Meanwhile they're bombarded with ten thousand commercials for crap months nobody needs, and the TV station gets more money.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Just to make them sound more like armageddon and get more idiots glued to the TV eagerly awaiting the slightest updates to find out if they're going to live or die in the next few hours.... Meanwhile they're bombarded with ten thousand commercials for crap months nobody needs, and the TV station gets more money.
:D
I think they call that retirement. Just sitting there for hours on end watching the weather channel.

The only time I ever paid attention to the weather channel was back when I was de-icing aircraft, I wanted to find out if I would be sleeping and playing cards during my shift or actually working de-icing planes:D

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter

I think it’s to make it news worthy so their ratings will increase. Seems this craze started about 3-4 years ago.

Duck

Supporter
Wife said "Squawk squawk squawk"

Woman-to-English dictionary translation: "go get gas for the tractor and the generator because they're calling for a super blizzard" and that was followed by some whining and estrogen and hen pecking.

So I went outside and put the tractor in the shop so it'll be warm and dry if I need it and I can top off it's fluids and blah blah blah...

Gas tank half, gas can full, generator full. No need to go to the gas station.

So I went in the house and she's got the ******** remote and she's watching stupid **** on the TV.

Somehow this girl who is so f*ing stupid she didn't know Canada was a country, managed to outsmart me. :mad-97:

Mike

Staff member
Was looking at this while waiting to get loaded at the copper mine in Miami, AZ. this morning.

Decided to add some miles to my trip to Du Quoin, IL. Ran across 70 to Las Cruces, and running through Texas and up 55 on Sunday. Figured that would keep me out of the BS, and allow me to get parked Sunday close enough to make my delivery and allowing for everything to be cleaned up.

It was looking like 44 through Missouri had the potential to get messed up and I wanted no part of that.

Sometimes, the long way is the better way.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Was looking at this while waiting to get loaded at the copper mine in Miami, AZ. this morning.
Just a suggestion but my company recommends draining your air tanks when you take a break at a truck stop when hauling copper.
Yeah it may not stop a thief but it might slow them down.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
Just a suggestion but my company recommends draining your air tanks when you take a break at a truck stop when hauling copper.
Yeah it may not stop a thief but it might slow them down.
When we are hauling copper. We have to have the theft system set. (Makes the truck unstartable without a 4 digit code) and bleed the air tanks.

Duck

Supporter
I'm going to hijack Mike's truck when he comes through Illinois. :D