Stephen Hawking, Rest in Peace, StarMan

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Stephen Hawking, famed physicist, dead at 76

...Hawking gave a rare interview to New Scientist magazine and declared there was still one puzzle left for him. Asked what he thought about most during the day, Hawking replied, "Women. They are a complete mystery."

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
A great man who transcended his physical difficulties. RIP

InTooDeep

RIP Mr. Hawking. On a side note Sheldon is going to freak out.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Truly a great man that lived well beyond the life expectancy of a person with ALS. I am given to understand that he had one hell of a sense of humour and could take some ribbing like on the Big Bang Theory the show and the Simpsons.

On the radio they said Mr. Hawking kept that old voice synthesizer from 1985 instead of using a newer/ better system because that had become his voice.
I would agree. When you heard that voice synthesizer, you knew it was Mr.Hawking.
R.I.P. Mr. Hawking.

Last edited:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I was just looking on THE Netflix and they have the movie, the theory of everything. It's about Steven Hawking.
I will be taking in this movie, Maybe this weekend.

dchawk81

I don't know if it sounds awful to say or not, but in a way I feel relieved for him. I can't imagine ALS in that advanced state being unpainful. He lived a LONG time as RJ already stated.

A great mind is lost though that's for sure.

derekcook13

There's a lot of hardships in life! I'm learning that it's how you handle them. If handled correctly it can bring a host of good things. Maturity, wisdom, patients and so on. This man when faced with overwhelming odds did two things. He believed God through it all, and managed to contribute to the success of others. He is a witness given to us, and there is nothing too hard to overcome with the right attitude. Derek