Stand by for an important announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Take it easy on ol' Uncle Birchy.

He has his problems but have you ever known him to be a dick without provocation?

Bwahahaha I was moving up the on ramp today, turn signal on. Reefer op was in the far left lane. Easily 2 tarp straps per body panel holding it together. 3 different colours of body panels. Normally if it was an upper tier driver I’d let them finish their pass and then pass them after. **** that. Not only do I not want him next to me I’m not letting him get front door.

Put him in his place and carried on with life.

Parked with a skateboard on one side and B-trains on the other. We’re safe for the night

Y’all be cool

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Bwahahaha I was moving up the on ramp today, turn signal on. Reefer op was in the far left lane. Easily 2 tarp straps per body panel holding it together. 3 different colours of body panels. Normally if it was an upper tier driver I’d let them finish their pass and then pass them after. **** that. Not only do I not want him next to me I’m not letting him get front door.

Put him in his place and carried on with life.

Parked with a skateboard on one side and B-trains on the other. We’re safe for the night

Y’all be cool
So basically, you pulled an asshole move on another driver.

You want front door either take it or ask for it.

No way is a lower class driver getting in front of me and staying there.

‘Specially not a reefer op or container yanker. Plenty of dry van got enough class to drive with and be around

Front door is mine, son, unless you got wheels or the respect to ask for it.

Key up we on 19 y’all holler we listening

I guess we’re not all cut from the same cloth :cautious:

Flatbedder next to me had his boots vest gloves and hard hat on. Throwing straps over chain end first. Threw one his hard hat fell off. Chain end bounced off the side of the load about 6-8 feet up. Came back down hit him smack square in the center of his coconut :biglaugh:

Good thing I throw mine strap end first :biggrin-2:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I guess we’re not all cut from the same cloth :cautious:

Flatbedder next to me had his boots vest gloves and hard hat on. Throwing straps over chain end first. Threw one his hard hat fell off. Chain end bounced off the side of the load about 6-8 feet up. Came back down hit him smack square in the center of his coconut :biglaugh:

Good thing I throw mine strap end first :biggrin-2:
I always threw my straps chain first.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
How come? Leave them on the winches, too?

I’m not saying there’s a right or a wrong way, well except the guy beside me earlier.
Yup! leave them on the winches and draw out as much strap as you think you will need. Get the chain swinging a bit and up and over.

That is the way I was shown and everyone in our yard did it that way:dunno:
I have been on THE Youtubes and seen drivers do it the other way too.

dave350

My straps had the buckle on the end not a chain. I used to try to draw out just enough strap so the buckle hit the rub rail on the other side. I would also try to roll the strap tight in my hand so when I threw it over it would unroll across the top of the load and then just drop down the other side. (It’s the little things :biggrin-2:) If I could do this successfully on most of the straps I knew it was gonna be a good day. But then even those days turned to total **** sometimes. :D

A time or two getting them off those winches after a few hours dashing through the snow should break most people of that.

I understand the reasoning behind RJ's method but to me the risk outweighs the rewards.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
A time or two getting them off those winches after a few hours dashing through the snow should break most people of that.

I understand the reasoning behind RJ's method but to me the risk outweighs the rewards.
Unfortunately for us the straps stayed with the trailer. local LTL. You are right, early in the morning the straps would be pretty stiff.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
If I was ever to run my own flatbed trailer, my unused straps would be in the sidebox and only the winches being used would have straps on them.

Autocorrect version, If I was ever to run my own flat and bed only the wenches would have straps on them:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.