Ssb skip

PreachaMan

Looking to getting another ssb set up again.
Gotta hit the market for another since the Cobra 19 is far from it.
Any of you guys talk on ssb?
I love Galaxy 959 perfect for unlocking clarifier and talking long skip

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I want to get my scanner hooked up in the truck then was looking at getting into ssb or a small ham set for the truck, once I’m licensed

You don’t need a license for ssb?

PreachaMan

No ssb and lsb is legal as long as you stay on the 11 meter cb radio or 10 meter all your doing is shooting skip when it comes in which is Max 12 watts but sometimes you can call another state in there just never know

PreachaMan

All your doing is adding a jumper wire to ur amp.you run your antenna to the amp then use ur jumper to ur cb radio.
Besides you gotta install the amp with at least 6 gauge or bigger wire smaller and you'll fry it.
Has your radio been set up to use a amp

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
It’s peaked and tuned, bigger finals, echo board...not sure what it needs for an amp

Trying to buy a buddies Cobra as a spare to have modded

PreachaMan

No no is that Cobra 29 if so you'll need a swing kit put in to lower your deadkey down.if you key that thing with a 5-9 watt dead key you mind well kiss it goodbye.lol

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
No no is that Cobra 29 if so you'll need a swing kit put in to lower your deadkey down.if you key that thing with a 5-9 watt dead key you mind well kiss it goodbye.lol
I sent my CB guy a message about it

I’ll send you a pic of the amp when I’m at the shop

PreachaMan

Ok I'm sure he can if he did the finals etc
All it is a cap of and a 1/2 watt resister .have the wires run to the RF gain knob and ur good to go takes like 10 mins