Solution to replace ELD

Ripp3r3

I will like to start with the fact that from my opinion limiting/restricting/enforcing someone how much we can work, or to go to sleep, etc it's same like communism. How to perform competition or to be competitive when we are killed with this stupid ELD.
My solution will be that, we live in time where technology evolved so much we don't need a stupid device to record at tell us when to sleep or so on. So my point is... Volvo car's have a system that it's invented/used for year's that are recording, blowing cold air and spraying you to wake up and stoping the car when driver are falling asleep. Why not to implement this thing? Because they implement this system to prevent driver's to fall asleep. I provided a link below.

This will be more effective to drive as much as you can. With no restrictions.
Just my point of view. Waiting for your opinion, I think it's better than this stupid ELD.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Or wake up and realize the eld isn't the issue, but the hos regulations. Add in the unfettered detention that your customers, shippers and receivers, treat your driver's to. Yeah, let's blame the stupid little black box instead.

Last edited:

dchawk81

Supporter
ELD gives the carrier the data it needs to improve the driver experience. If this is not happening, change carriers.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I will like to start with the fact that from my opinion limiting/restricting/enforcing someone how much we can work, or to go to sleep, etc it's same like communism. How to perform competition or to be competitive when we are killed with this stupid ELD.
My solution will be that, we live in time where technology evolved so much we don't need a stupid device to record at tell us when to sleep or so on. So my point is... Volvo car's have a system that it's invented/used for year's that are recording, blowing cold air and spraying you to wake up and stoping the car when driver are falling asleep. Why not to implement this thing? Because they implement this system to prevent driver's to fall asleep. I provided a link below.

This will be more effective to drive as much as you can. With no restrictions.
Just my point of view. Waiting for your opinion, I think it's better than this stupid ELD.
So just drive until you get hit with some water to the face to wake up?

Silverwolf

Saw a pair of glasses on the interweb. THey reduce double vision when you consume alcohol! So can I drink and drive now too. No sleep and booze, should clean up the roads a bit. Got my glasses and my squirt bottle. Lets go for a drive!

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Saw a pair of glasses on the interweb. THey reduce double vision when you consume alcohol! So can I drink and drive now too. No sleep and booze, should clean up the roads a bit. Got my glasses and my squirt bottle. Lets go for a drive!
Add in a water sprayer when you dose off, you'll be red-eyed and staying awake better than any crosstops or toothpicks would help.

krelithous

Supporter
i have a better idea. why don't all the manufactures make all of this safety **** do what it's supposed to to instead of having 500 idiot lights and sounds going off??? the 4 wheeler should keep you in your lane if you weave out out not just vibrate the damm steering wheel and show you a mug of hot coffee in the cluster panel!!! for me i just go through the vehicles computer and shut all that **** off.

Last edited:

lasitter

Since we're stuck with ELD, I was wondering: why not make it do something good for drivers? Why not turn it into a multipoint storage for everything they're going to ask you for at the scales. An electronic copy of the BOL? Your permit / registration binder? Inspection results for the last "X" scales you crossed and your window sticker. I hate the amount of time that's lost shuffling papers. Why not have a system that transmits what they're going to ask you for miles before you ever get there and then the system just waives you on past the scales before ever taking the ramp.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Since we're stuck with ELD, I was wondering: why not make it do something good for drivers? Why not turn it into a multipoint storage for everything they're going to ask you for at the scales. An electronic copy of the BOL? Your permit / registration binder? Inspection results for the last "X" scales you crossed and your window sticker. I hate the amount of time that's lost shuffling papers. Why not have a system that transmits what they're going to ask you for miles before you ever get there and then the system just waives you on past the scales before ever taking the ramp.
No thank you.

Doing the paper shuffle is a dam good age old trick. Keep handing the wrong papers out the window while hunting through a shoebox until the Man gets frustrated enough he tells you to get lost.

No sir. The paper shuffle needs to stay in the playbook. ELDs have taken enough of the old tactics away we can’t afford to lose any more
:harumph:

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
No thank you.

Doing the paper shuffle is a dam good age old trick. Keep handing the wrong papers out the window while hunting through a shoebox until the Man gets frustrated enough he tells you to get lost.

No sir. The paper shuffle needs to stay in the playbook. ELDs have taken enough of the old tactics away we can’t afford to lose any more
My dad actually handed the wrong logbook to a trooper once then immediately realized he did it and said, “Oh **** wait!” And snatched that logbook out of his hand and handed him the other one instead...

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
My dad actually handed the wrong logbook to a trooper once then immediately realized he did it and said, “Oh **** wait!” And snatched that logbook out of his hand and handed him the other one instead...
Most days that start like that don't end well...

lasitter

No thank you.

So this assumes the O/O or driver has something to hide that's more important than time saved from sitting at the scale or being called inside with everything? What about the megas? Do they run closer to the rules or just not get bothered because they have better lawyers?