Ketogenic Diet So, where do i get..

Hi guys,
I wanted to try the keto diet that Kevin Rutherford talks about on satellite radio.
where do I get a copy of the diet so I can start.
Sorry, not alot of money intake here.. i live off of social security about $1200.00 per month.

kevin rea
lancaster, calif.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Google "keto" or "keto diet." You should get plenty of hits.

The idea is to start eating natural foods - stay away from sugars, starches, grains and processed foods, especially highly processed carbohydrates.

You replace sugars (and foods that breakdown in your digestive tract into sugars) with good fats. Butter, oils, mayonnaise, nuts, etc. Fatty cuts of meat, poultry, fish, eggs, cheese, etc. Green veggies - anything low on the glycemic scale.

Get a carb counter app - it's the easiest way to keep track of your diet, and log what you eat. The Adkins Diet carb counter works well. Limit your carb intake to 20 grams per day, protein to 30 or so grams per day, and the rest is something high in fat content.

Anything in a package or a bottle - read the label! Be especially aware of the net carbohydrates. Remember, you have a daily allowance of 20 grams to get into ketosis.

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions!

dave350

I would suggest a trip to the local library. There are some books/ cook books on the subject.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I would suggest a trip to the local library. There are some books/ cook books on the subject.
While I love libraries, a more immediate source would be the Kindle ebook online store.

so, doesn't he have a particular book or books that he goes by for his keto diet ?

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
Mike Mike will be around sooner or laterheis the resident keto expert

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
so, doesn't he have a particular book or books that he goes by for his keto diet ?
He has a $29 Keto Jump Start course here:

Keto Jump Start

The advantage is that you can ask questions, and get support directly.

You can get plenty of information by just searching the web, without spending a cent - I'd really suggest you start there.

Last edited: