Signing for a DOT ( or any law enforcement) citation

Duck

Quack
Supporter
One time a cop tried to get me to sign a ticket. Right above the signature line, in fine print it said "I hereby plead guilty to the above...." that's as far as I read before I refused to sign.

Cop simply wrote "refused to sign" on that line and gave me my copy.

Said I would get a court date mailed to me but I never did. That was 8 years ago. Ain't heard jack squat about it.

:dunno:

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
There you go.
Thanks prink.
😊

That may be the extent of it but it seems that their citations used to be more nefarious, with a 'plead guilty' box that appeared to be the only or obvious place to sign...
Or...
Maybe it was just a group of LEO's that instructed people to sign there.

It seems pretty obvious on that citation but for a newb or somebody who feels intimidated, maybe some just signed where instructed and found out later that they pled guilty and waived right to trial.

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
One time a cop tried to get me to sign a ticket. Right above the signature line, in fine print it said "I hereby plead guilty to the above...." that's as far as I read before I refused to sign.

Cop simply wrote "refused to sign" on that line and gave me my copy.

Said I would get a court date mailed to me but I never did. That was 8 years ago. Ain't heard jack squat about it.

:dunno:
Never sign your name..

Always demand an attorney and clam up..

This might mean an affectionate night or two into the County Jail.

Whats been preserveved is your "inocence".

Ya see once ya talk to the cops forget it.

I want to speak to my attorney

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
There you go.
Thanks prink.
😊

That may be the extent of it but it seems that their citations used to be more nefarious, with a 'plead guilty' box that appeared to be the only or obvious place to sign...
Or...
Maybe it was just a group of LEO's that instructed people to sign there.

It seems pretty obvious on that citation but for a newb or somebody who feels intimidated, maybe some just signed where instructed and found out later that they pled guilty and waived right to trial.
Not NM!?!? You mean the state the will tell you the receipt of payment from the website is proof of valid weight distance registration. Well, for everyone except their own scales who will gladly sell you a permit because "that's only a receipt!" And please don't forget the $20 fee to use your CC if you don't have enough cash. They'll also enter your trailer vin in the computer as your truck vin and tell you "you need a permit" a year or so later. That state???? Say it ain't so!

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Never sign your name..

Damn right. Even if it's just for a burnt out tail light on your car. :thumbsup:

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
Never sign your name..

A night or two in the slammer might remove a certain portion of your "innocence" like GoJo cuts grease.

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
Not NM!?!? You mean the state the will tell you the receipt of payment from the website is proof of valid weight distance registration. Well, for everyone except their own scales who will gladly sell you a permit because "that's only a receipt!" And please don't forget the $20 fee to use your CC if you don't have enough cash. They'll also enter your trailer vin in the computer as your truck vin and tell you "you need a permit" a year or so later. That state???? Say it ain't so!
It's a different NM.
:smile:
I run (ran) the one where the only POE is Nara Visa...
and I couldn't seem to get there during binuzz hours.
:frown:
But I'm saving all my data and one day I'll catch them at home and pay up.
:rolllaugh2:

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
A night or two in the slammer might remove a certain portion of your "innocence" like GoJo cuts grease.
Not if ya understand that concrete along side the stainless steel toilet sink combo.

Basically ya stay up all nigh a few and wear that cheap plastic toothbrush down to a shank .

For the more bold upon us just take a Bic Pen and sneak up in the chow line behind the back and in the eyeball.

This will cost you a year in the box or solitary confinement and push your parole hearing up a coupla years.

Nonetheless when ya go back you shall have some respect.

Also in the box they give ya crazy pills just put em under ypur tougne and save em up and ya can trade em for comissarry

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Not if ya understand that concrete along side the stainless steel toilet sink combo.

Basically ya stay up all nigh a few and wear that cheap plastic toothbrush down to a shank .

For the more bold upon us just take a Bic Pen and sneak up in the chow line behind the back and in the eyeball.

This will cost you a year in the box or solitary confinement and push your parole hearing up a coupla years.

Nonetheless when ya go back you shall have some respect.

Also in the box they give ya crazy pills just put em under ypur tougne and save em up and ya can trade em for comissarry
What were you in there for?

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
What were you in there for?
In Illinois it was Will County Adult Detention Facility for Child Support.

Lake County Jail was for Traffic Tickets no show and couldnt pay.

Now actual Prison Time more @Sinister country..

1989 Kettle Moraine Correctional ..Forgery and Drug Possession

1992 Waupun Correctional Institution "Attempted" Murder. overturned in 1996 on appeal and never "re-tried"..

Duck

Quack
Supporter
In Illinois it was Will County Adult Detention Facility for Child Support.

Lake County Jail was for Traffic Tickets no show and couldnt pay.

Now actual Prison Time more @Sinister country..

1989 Kettle Moraine Correctional ..Forgery and Drug Possession

1992 Waupun Correctional Institution "Attempted" Murder. overturned in 1996 on appeal and never "re-tried"..
So you never like, made a suit out of fat women's skin or anything? No cannibalism?