Shops

I think it's a lot of shops that are like that. TA in Morris, IL used to be my go to for truck work. Management changed then the employee's attitudes changed and started doing half assed work, so I quit going there. Tried the new shop in Wilmington, IL. They were excellent at first, then the Morris manager got transferred to there and same **** is happening..**** poor work. Speedco Effingham, IL same way. The only shop i can somewhat trust lately is the TA in Janesville, WI. Sadly, I'm waiting for them to fail me at some point too. Then they'll be out of the Will like the others...
You don't have a "home" shop you trust?
I don't trust any on the road too far from home

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
You don't have a "home" shop you trust?
I don't trust any on the road too far from home
Funny is we had another truck with a cracked windshield in my hometown. The Pete shop there had then rolling in 3 hours.

CMT CMT I don't get a choice, I don't own the truck. I take it where they tell me, however I am told after Pete dropped the ball on overnight. They called everyone in the area to see if they had it and "no one did"...sooo yeah I'm here.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Funny is we had another truck with a cracked windshield in my hometown. The Pete shop there had then rolling in 3 hours.

CMT CMT I don't get a choice, I don't own the truck. I take it where they tell me, however I am told after Pete dropped the ball on overnight. They called everyone in the area to see if they had it and "no one did"...sooo yeah I'm here.
As an employee ya have NO CHOICE..

Ya do like they Told Ya..

I can "empathize" completely there r3gulator3 r3gulator3 ..

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

The one company that I worked for would have us find a tire shop or whatever and they would just make a comcheck number.
KInd of good but at the same time why am I searching and calling tire shops?

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter

Well I mean I do have a choice, I could chose to work elsewhere.

But I'm happy with my job, I'm happy with my pay, and I'm happy with my FM.

So since they pay my more than $50 a day to sit and wait I'll sit and wait.

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
The one company that I worked for would have us find a tire shop or whatever and they would just make a comcheck number.
KInd of good but at the same time why am I searching and calling tire shops?
Right, I send in a message go to sleep wake up and my tire is fixed.

Well I mean I do have a choice, I could chose to work elsewhere.

But I'm happy with my job, I'm happy with my pay, and I'm happy with my FM.

So since they pay my more than $50 a day to sit and wait I'll sit and wait.
And that's part of why you're at the top of the pay scale, I would think. Not much point pissing and moaning if everybody is doing their best to get you rolling.
You being broke down costs them money, too.

dchawk81

Believe it or not, Safelite replaces big truck windshields too. They come to you wherever you are. I've had 2 replaced by them over the years and they've had the replacement asap.
That's who Schneider uses.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I think it's a lot of shops that are like that. TA in Morris, IL used to be my go to for truck work. Management changed then the employee's attitudes changed and started doing half assed work, so I quit going there. Tried the new shop in Wilmington, IL. They were excellent at first, then the Morris manager got transferred to there and same **** is happening..**** poor work. Speedco Effingham, IL same way. The only shop i can somewhat trust lately is the TA in Janesville, WI. Sadly, I'm waiting for them to fail me at some point too. Then they'll be out of the Will like the others...
Ta/ Petro is now on .y do not use list.

As of 11/1/17.

Ta/Petro upper management made a bunch of corporate changes. I think you may be seeing the slow downward demise of them finally.