She's a bad cook. How can I tell her that?

I always knew that most Colombian women are fond of cooking and are good cooks. My wife is a Colombian and is indeed fond of cooking, however, she not a good cook. She loves cooking but cooks terribly. We just got married two weeks ago and I’m so glad that she wants to cook for me. But I don’t like its taste. I don’t want her to be upset when I tell her that. How should I do it?

GAnthony

Supporter
I always knew that most Colombian women are fond of cooking and are good cooks. My wife is a Colombian and is indeed fond of cooking, however, she not a good cook. She loves cooking but cooks terribly. We just got married two weeks ago and I’m so glad that she wants to cook for me. But I don’t like its taste. I don’t want her to be upset when I tell her that. How should I do it?
buy her a cook book, then run for the hills....

dave350

Is she new to cooking? She might just need some more practice. If you have some time join her in the kitchen and make something you like with her. Cooking isn’t something that any person just knows it’s a skill that develops over time. I wouldn’t tell her she’s not good I would try to find ways to encourage her to increase her skills.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Just learn to soak everything in hot sauce. It will get better in time. Once you insult her cooking good luck getting her to cook again.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe say something like "I'm sensitive to salt" or "a little less pepper, please." Don't tell her she can't cook because that will only discourage her. But don't gush over the meal, either, giving her a false sense that you like what she has cooked.

If she's young, she will learn. You can help her by being in there with her to adjust stove heat settings if she burns food or suggesting we leave that on just a bit longer of she serves sushi and steak tartare. If she's middle-aged, put a gate in front of the kitchen. Her cooking habits will not change.

GAnthony

Supporter
buy her an ironing board, if she can't iron, divorce her and move on to another one, this time, one that can cook, do laundry, iron and wash windows.

GAnthony

Supporter
2nd floor exterior and while she’s up there have her clean the gutters. :D
i live on the 3rd floor, (i really do) so a good woman ought to be able to do that as well.......otherwise, she's useless.......

dave350

i live on the 3rd floor, (i really do) so a good woman ought to be able to do that as well.......otherwise, she's useless.......
It’s just a little taller ladder really.

GAnthony

Supporter
It’s just a little taller ladder really.
well, my windows are smaller than the ones on 1st and second floors, so she can remove the lower sash and go out the opening and sit on the sill and wash from there. really ain't too bad, as long as she doesn't look down.

dave350

well, my windows are smaller than the ones on 1st and second floors, so she can remove the lower sash and go out the opening and sit on the sill and wash from there. really ain't too bad, as long as she doesn't look down.
You’re a good man. Always lookin out for a ladies safety. :thumbsup:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
nicholas1962 nicholas1962 - volunteer to do the laundry. You'll get points!

:biggrin-2:

When you get to her lingerie, toss it in the drier with no drier towels, put it on high, crank the time to the max, and go take in a ball game.

....later when she's having a cow about how you don't have a clue about doing laundry, offer "You don't have a clue about cooking, but you do it anyway."

:yahoo:

Ummm... you might want to review D dchawk81 's advice in advance:

Post #6

:thumbsup:

An entrenching tool is a good idea too... diggin' in will take care of th' shrapnel from incoming!

:stare2:

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
Play the Ron White bit about how he told his wife he gave his dinner to the dog
Whereupon the dog licked his (own) butthole for a half-hour...

Trying to get the taste out of his mouth!!

Laugh hysterically at the punch line and point at her.

You're welcome.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I believe the consensus is... if you want you stay married to her, smile and suffer. But that's what marriage is.

oldhippietommy

for better or for worst,I made sure my bride could cook before I married her