Serta Bostrum Mattress

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Old mattress was worn down to the point it was darned uncomfortable, and I was tired of the kind of mattress I was getting through my carrier. Price was right though... free.

So I'd been eyeing the Serta Bostrum mattress I'd been seeing at the Iowa80 outlets - it's a memory foam mattress. The little test section in the store was comfy enough, but pricey.

My back made up my mind. When it started saying "ouch," the wallet opened up.

There is a 7" and a 10" thickness mattress, in a variety of widths: the 10" inch is really expensive. I got the 7" variety, and have been well pleased. No sign of bottoming out, very comfortable. It came rolled up and compressed. It will take a day for it to fully expand.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
How long have have you had it?

Time will tell if it flattens out with age.

Tazz

Infidel
Old mattress was worn down to the point it was darned uncomfortable, and I was tired of the kind of mattress I was getting through my carrier. Price was right though... free.

So I'd been eyeing the Serra Bostrum mattress I'd been seeing at the Iowa80 outlets - it's a memory foam mattress. The little test section in the store was comfy enough, but pricey.

My back made up my mind. When it started saying "ouch," the wallet opened up.

There is a 7" and a 10" thickness mattress, in a variety of widths: the 10" inch is really expensive. I got the 7" variety, and have been well pleased. No sign of bottoming out, very comfortable. It came rolled up and compressed. It will take a day for it to fully expand.

:thumbsup:
That is what I bought to replace the crappy mattress that came in the camper.

Everyone that uses it (we use the camper as an extra bedroom when we get a full house) loves it. I have only used it a couple times down in Florida.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Seriously, a mattress is a pretty important component.

I had one wear out once and didn’t realize it until I woke up one morning after most of the night sleeping on my back (my usual) and from my lower back down all the way through my legs I was in tremendous pain.

Swapped out that mattress and was good to go.

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
I've got a Select Comfort.
It's not the Sleep Number type but the simple inflate / deflate type.

It's really comfortable but when you drop down out of elevation you have to hold a deflate button for a long time.

I've had it for probably 10 years...
I'm surprised it hasn't exploded before now!!

Mike

Staff member
I've got a Select Comfort.
It's not the Sleep Number type but the simple inflate / deflate type.

It's really comfortable but when you drop down out of elevation you have to hold a deflate button for a long time.

I've had it for probably 10 years...
I'm surprised it hasn't exploded before now!!
We're talking about mattresses, not dolls.........