r3gulator3

Eurotruck race enthusiast
Supporter
12125BC8-6554-4038-BB16-21C316491425.jpeg

Send it!

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Yer fuel economy will suck a whole lot more than usual, dragging a trailer around that heavy on the ass end.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Not much yet can do once you’re 50 miles out at the nearest scale. In retrospect gonna load the coils further forward.next time
I didn't pull a spread a whole lot, best I remember I used to Center between 3 and 4 foot behind the center marker light

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Why all my trailers have pressure gauge on the trailer. On great Dane, 72psi is 34k, 82 psi is 40k.

Only things that mattered to me. At 72, open, at 80, reposition the load.

On the reefers, slide if you can

r3gulator3

Supporter
Why all my trailers have pressure gauge on the trailer. On great Dane, 72psi is 34k, 82 psi is 40k.

Only things that mattered to me. At 72, open, at 80, reposition the load.

On the reefers, slide if you can
We have a weight gauge. I wasn’t over 80 so I knew it was legal. I just didn’t realize how close it was. Then I realized I have one of the older benson trailers which had the tab welded on for center of coil. For a 48k I positioned off of that instead of the center light. Which is what made her ass heavy. But. 🤷🏻‍♂️ We sent it. That particular steel mill it’s hard to get the overhead crane guy back to you. He sits on a bucket 20ft in the air. It’s good we send it. If I’m 75 that puts me between 34-35 and I’ll pull that all day long. It’s cool. After 2 hours drive tomorrow we will kick it off in ST Louis and move on to the next thing.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I'm pulling @Junkyarddog 48' spread this week with 60' pipe.

About 28 on the drives and 38 according to his rightway on the trailer. The way this Volvo loads, I'm 12500 all the time on the steer axle. And I'm centered on the tandem for the kingpin. I don't think weight will really change much sliding.

Makes life interesting.

So I feel with you on the loading.

r3gulator3

Supporter
I'm pulling @Junkyarddog 48' spread this week with 60' pipe.

About 28 on the drives and 38 according to his rightway on the trailer. The way this Volvo loads, I'm 12500 all the time on the steer axle. And I'm centered on the tandem for the kingpin. I don't think weight will really change much sliding.

Makes life interesting.

So I feel with you on the loading.
Empty my steer is 11800 loaded heavy it’s 12200 fifth wheel all the way to the rear someone told me every notch forwar moves 200 pounds to the steer. No thanks.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Empty my steer is 11800 loaded heavy it’s 12200 fifth wheel all the way to the rear someone told me every notch forwar moves 200 pounds to the steer. No thanks.
Makes me happy I stuck to wanting a 13200 front instead of a 12300.

Latest posts