See stupid steering wheel holder? Snap a pic and post it!

Skateboard puller

Hozer Witta Hood
I see guys running empty with the OD banner, flags and strobes. how do they get away with that?
I don’t know. I was always told that’s an easy stupid driver award to get, and to make sure all that stuff is stripped and put away once empty

I’ve also been warned to make sure the banner is hung right side up :D

It’s honestly a little hard to keep track of all the OSOW rules. Running two countries it’s that much harder.

Did you do any back in the day?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I don’t know. I was always told that’s an easy stupid driver award to get, and to make sure all that stuff is stripped and put away once empty

It’s honestly a little hard to keep track of all the OSOW rules. Running two countries it’s that much harder.

Never any over size.

Skateboard puller

Hozer Witta Hood
Never any over size.
It’s dumb. Ontario either hang the D sign, or the oversize load banner. Quebec is D sign only. The USA is oversize load banner only

The USA encourages/expects beacons on the truck, but prohibits night travel. Canada doesn’t want you using beacons in the daylight but are needed for night travel

:coocoo:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
It’s dumb. Ontario either hang the D sign, or the oversize load banner. Quebec is D sign only. The USA is oversize load banner only

The USA encourages/expects beacons on the truck, but prohibits night travel. Canada doesn’t want you using beacons in the daylight but are needed for night travel

:coocoo:
As far as I know Oversize loads traveling after dusk is illegal in Ontario as per Cam Wooley AKA Hollywood.

Skateboard puller

Hozer Witta Hood
As far as I know Oversize loads traveling after dusk is illegal in Ontario as per Cam Wooley AKA Hollywood.
Nope! All my permits and stuff are at my shop, but there are specific rules for night time oversize travel. So, I’m going from memory and experience

I’ve run from New Brunswick into Quebec, stopped at a Quebec scale to ask clarification on night moves, been given the go ahead, and stopped at Lancaster to ask for clarification in Ontario, and been given the go ahead for past dusk moves

dchawk81

Osow? That's in Norway, right?

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
You can run OD at night in plenty of places out west, up to a certain size. Which of course varies by state and route.

As far as bannered when empty, a lot of those wagons are OD even when empty.

Hillbilly Canuck

BC rules are really insane. For some reason they liked to trap us for entire weekends. Dark is 10 pm? **** you Friday 330 pm gtfo my road.

wargames

Drug Runner
I didn't get a pic. But I spotted one today.

I was on Damen Ave in Chicago, somewhere between I-55 & I-290. Even though I was in a car, I noticed the "13 foot" signs. There's a tunnel about 300 yds long, going under a bunch of train tracks. I knew there was a low clearance somewhere along that stretch of Damen but didn't know exactly where.

We got to the other side and there's a K&B Transportation truck sitting there with a topless trailer. He peeled the whole top off of his reefer.

If he had a refrigerated load, it's going to waste.
I didn't get a pic. But I spotted one today.

I was on Damen Ave in Chicago, somewhere between I-55 & I-290. Even though I was in a car, I noticed the "13 foot" signs. There's a tunnel about 300 yds long, going under a bunch of train tracks. I knew there was a low clearance somewhere along that stretch of Damen but didn't know exactly where.

We got to the other side and there's a K&B Transportation truck sitting there with a topless trailer. He peeled the whole top off of his reefer.

If he had a refrigerated load, it's going to waste.
yeah, a railyard over there also. I 55 is a gauntlet out of joliet.

GAnthony

The Eldest Member
Supporter
I mean I've joked about it but got DAMN!

View attachment 47455View attachment 47456View attachment 47457
how "effing stupid", could a trucker get..??

well anyway, no big loss, it was ONLY a Tim Hortons....not like they are all that great....

and a flatbedder.....at that....

had that been a DD.....we would have had to hang the driver from the limb of an oak tree......and slather his body with honey, and break open a red ant colony, and truck in some hungry bears............

Latest posts