Motor Carrier Schneider was quick to let me know what rate they could give me.

Mike

Staff member
So, I'm browsing the load boards while being productive her on the forum. A load pops up picking up in the same city I am delivering tomorrow and going to Neenah, WI. Interesting. I check the schneider load board, and it's not there, so I call even though it is late.

They answer immediately.

I have to wait for them to look it up. They remember it because another carrier just fell off of it.

They find it, and tell me that their rate is $800, and apparently it was not open for negotiation. I tell them I was looking for $900, and conversation was over. I guess when they thrown out their anchor, they are done.

Maybe they won't find a company truck to cover it before morning and I will try again.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I called some joker about a load last week... picking up near where I was, going where I wanted. So we jawed about it for a bit, finally getting around to money. I throw out something reasonable (I thought,) and he comes back with a price that was a little over a buck a mile. (You gotta be kidding me!!??)

So I start to work on him a little, and his response is, "I'm not going to negotiate. Nope. None of that, I'm not going there!"

(Huh!!??)

So, its good luck with that, and I moved on a little farther afield. A little more deadhead, and a much better rate.