RIP, Billy Graham

GAnthony

Supporter
wow...he lived a very long time. i "had" to watch his program, when ever the old grand parents had him on, when i was at thier house.

RIP.

dave350

For some reason I had thought he had already passed?

99 damn. Must have done something right.
RIP bud.

I’m pretty sure my youthful imbibments make it impossible for me to attain 99.

I might have created a word. Imbibments.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
He had an incredible secretary

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Thread starter #5
I don't have to be a Christian to recognize the greatness of a Christian man. Billy Graham changed the world.

oldhippietommy

He was a great Man,no doubt.In my mind anyway

he laid down 4 basic rules it seems in 1948
"The first point on our combined list was money. ... [T]here was little or no accountability for finances. In Modesto we determined to do all we could to avoid financial abuses and to downplay the offering and depend as much as possible on money raised by the local committee in advance.

"The second item on the list was the danger of sexual immorality. We all knew of evangelists who had fallen into immorality while separated from their families by travel. We pledged among ourselves to avoid any situation that would have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion. From that day on, I did not travel, meet or eat alone with a woman other than my wife. ...

"Our third concern was the tendency of many evangelists to carry on their work apart from the local church, even to criticize local pastors and churches openly and scathingly. We were convinced, however, that this was not only counterproductive but also wrong from the Bible's standpoint. ...

"The fourth and final issue was publicity. The tendency among some evangelists was to exaggerate their successes or to claim higher attendance numbers than they really had. ... In Modesto we committed ourselves to integrity in our publicity and our reporting."​

Mike

Staff member
The man was very solid in his faith, seemed to set an example in everything he did.

OzConvoy

Not a Christian myself. But he deserves a record of coming to my part of the world: