Rhino lining.

joseph1135

Supporter
Thread starter #1
So I have a tailgate for my 70 C/10. Problem is that it looks like it was painted with rhino lining or something similar. Any idea on how to get this stuff.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
So I have a tailgate for my 70 C/10. Problem is that it looks like it was painted with rhino lining or something similar. Any idea on how to get this stuff.
Painted only on the inside, or some idiot sprayed the outside too?

And you want it removed?

Getting it off is going to pretty much require stripping it to bare metal.

derekcook13

O' something I didn't tell ya! When you got road tar on the back of your sleeper berth. Diesel fuel usually, with some arm strong. Eventually gets it off. Tar is the substance your dealing with, in Rhino Linings. It spreads like fifth wheel grease.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
This stuff works like magic on adhesive, rubber and asphalt. Melts it's before you can start rubbing it off. Non-toxic and smells good too.

Orange Peel Adhesive Remover

Some old adhesive from my old reefer trailer that had attracted dirt to it. This is how quickly it works.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
O' something I didn't tell ya! When you got road tar on the back of your sleeper berth. Diesel fuel usually, with some arm strong. Eventually gets it off. Tar is the substance your dealing with, in Rhino Linings. It spreads like fifth wheel grease.
Rhinoliner and stuff are a two part polyurethane paint. Actually have hauled the stuff out of new Orleans to St Louis and other locations.

derekcook13

Just bought this 99 a couple of weeks ago. Got some issues, nothing big. Back glass /slide window leaks. New brakes, she could use. Ford rock panels and bed show wear. Rims need redone. New tires and so on. Just regular stuff.

Attachments

joseph1135

Supporter
Thread starter #16
Just bought this 99 a couple of weeks ago. Got some issues, nothing big. Back glass /slide window leaks. New brakes, she could use. Ford rock panels and bed show wear. Rims need redone. New tires and so on. Just regular stuff.
But it’s a Ford... why would you do that?

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Never messed with the Rhino! To me it's ugly. Plastic liners do the same thing. If ya get tared of looking at it, ya cann pull her off!
I pulled the plastic liner out of my 1977 Ford, expecting the bed to be rusted to hell and back but it actually wasn't. I was surprised. I figured moisture would get trapped in there and rot out the bed.

The hollow voids were full of mouse nests though.