research truckers health

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Tea is pretty good and it has a lot less caffeine than coffee does.
I find tea is relaxing.
If you want some low caffeine tea, Green tea is good. drink it clear with maybe some sugar.
Caffeine Levels Vary a Lot in Coffee and Tea
More specifically a cup of: coffee has between 95 and 200 milligrams of caffeine.

black tea has between 14 and 70 milligrams of caffeine.

green tea has between 24 and 45 milligrams of caffeine.

and really, who actually drinks a level cup of tea or coffee..??

most people have a mug, which can be 1.5 to 2 cups of the stuff.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Tea is pretty good and it has a lot less caffeine than coffee does.
I find tea is relaxing.
If you want some low caffeine tea, Green tea is good. drink it clear with maybe some sugar.
Decaffeinated earl grey. :thumbsup:

A big coffee in the morning, iced in hot weather. Ice tea - 1 or 2 44oz cups also in hot weather. Cold water otherwise.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Caffeine varying by what type of leaf is used for the tea. There are also foods that have a small amount of caffeine in them. To be honest I probably still get small amounts from things I eat. But I’m not killing 2-3 16oz Red Bull’s a day anymore and I actually feel better and my blood pressure is lower.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
I can't do those energy drinks... one gives me a pain in my gut. Coffee doesn't.
Yeah I got hooked on them things my second tour. Red Bull was just starting up. They would ship cases upon cases of the stuff to Iraq and our chow hall would give us a flat per truck with our mission rations. It tasted weird but on long overnight missions it definitely kept us awake. Then they switched to ripit. I dunno what was in that **** but not only would it keep you awake it would turn your intestines to liquid. So back here I stuck with Red Bull. It was hard to kick that stuff. I actually had withdrawal symptoms when I quit drinking it.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Carried red bull and monster. Had monster I was returning to 3rd Street brewery where it's made leaking.

Actually etched the floor so clean, it was basically stained.

Guy unloading me left me six cases and told me to saturate the floor and the spot would go away.

"We use that **** for floor cleaner. Think I'm going to drink it?".

All he said to me.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Carried red bull and monster. Had monster I was returning to 3rd Street brewery where it's made leaking.

Actually etched the floor so clean, it was basically stained.

Guy unloading me left me six cases and told me to saturate the floor and the spot would go away.

"We use that **** for floor cleaner. Think I'm going to drink it?".

All he said to me.
I already quit drinking it. I don’t need convincing that it was bad for me.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
I sipped a Red Bull once. It was disgusting. So I've never actually had a full one and never plan to. 🤢

Tried to quit coffee. Couldn't make it through my night shift without it. A mug a day keeps the vehicular homicide away.
i never had a Red Bull, but I DID, claim that i had, and sent in that class action suit and got back $5.00...to which i bought my roller dogs and Dr. Pepper at a later time....

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Hello truckers,

We are doing a project for school in the Netherlands. We want to make a food product for truckers so they can eat healthy while working long days and being on the road all the time. We would like to ask you a few questions:
1. What do you eat on a regulair work day?
2. Do you have the time to exercise?

Thank you very much!!
You might check in with Lolly R. Symbol via Facebook. She recently became a long-haul trucker and is now running between Point MacKenzie and Fairbanks Alaska.
Lolly just posted:
"My ass has fallen. Gettin trucker butt 😐

Gave it a good “Ass” whoopin today. Got to pump that thing back up. Going to be sore tomorrow, but It’ll look great in my tight fitted date dress!"

I know Lolly to be concerned about her diet, health, and (as stated) shape.

And you might check in with Iwona Blecharczyk, Trucking Girl via Facebook, Iwona Blecharczyk Trucking Girl

She does some exercise videos for truckers so I assume that she is diet conscious.

Give us a shout as to what you find and determine.

Last edited:

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Hello truckers,

We are doing a project for school in the Netherlands. We want to make a food product for truckers so they can eat healthy while working long days and being on the road all the time. We would like to ask you a few questions:
1. What do you eat on a regulair work day?
2. Do you have the time to exercise?

Thank you very much!!
Not sure if I have time for an inpatient clinical study..

When I visited my Attorney recently to redo my "Will" decided that I would like my Corpse to go to a Medical College or Research Facility if deemed "worthy"..

Save the Funeral and Box and everyone that knows me I set aside some cash to rent the VFW Hall free food and open bar..and Celebrate instead of "Cry"

Now I'm wondering who'll show up cause as I age I know "Less" and Less folks

Latest posts