Rants about newer vehicles

krelithous

Supporter
What is your rant about newer vehicles?

I find them a pain to work on. An electronics nightmare. Cheaply built, very expensive to repair or buy parts for. Not as comfortable, less power, and once they hit 150k miles the tranny goes out or its something major and expensive.

Bring the good old days back when quality was more important.

*sigh* $250 dollars for a plastic headlight on newer car?
I can replace the front of my old truck with $200.

My minds made up. Out with the new and replace with the old.

as well as it's getting harder to find new vehicles with a manual transmissions

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
:grandpa: They schuck! Back in my day, One could work on their own car. Then the commies took over and the kids music these days also sucks and they? What was I saying again?
Never mind. The Millennials whose parents where humping in 1999 like it was the last day on earth are now grown.

Kiwi303

Not a fruit
the old cars ALL had 7" rounds, or 5"x6" squares or other generic common lights... NOW? EVERY car has a different headlight, so bust something on a new civic and you can't grab a light out of the wreckers from a lancer these days... it has to be from the SAME year, SAME make, SAME model of the SAME specification level...

Coronado Kid

Cactus Patch
What is your rant about newer vehicles?

I find them a pain to work on. An electronics nightmare. Cheaply built, very expensive to repair or buy parts for. Not as comfortable, less power, and once they hit 150k miles the tranny goes out or its something major and expensive.

Bring the good old days back when quality was more important.

*sigh* $250 dollars for a plastic headlight on newer car?
I can replace the front of my old truck with $200.

My minds made up. Out with the new and replace with the old.

as well as it's getting harder to find new vehicles with a manual transmissions

You drive a Volvo though

AlexG

To be honest all cars have looked the same for ever. The one thing I will give you is that old school cars if something when wrong you only needed a couple of wrenches and sockets to fix it. Nowadays you need to call IT to know what computer you need to read the computer that translates the computer from the computer that broke....

But then again I love the response from a dual throttle naturally aspirated 3.5L v6 that give me somewhere around 315 hp at the crank with little mods:D

Coronado Kid

Cactus Patch
@Duck a volvo is not better than a freightshaker I know that all volvo's are european trucks of course a scania looks good and decent they have v8's but back to the point all owner operators probably would take a freightshaker any one of choice over a volvo

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
@Duck a volvo is not better than a freightshaker I know that all volvo's are european trucks of course a scania looks good and decent they have v8's but back to the point all owner operators probably would take a freightshaker any one of choice over a volvo
Freightliner is better than a Volvo for an O/O. That is correct.
But a Volvo is a nicer truck to drive if you're not the one paying for it's repairs. :D

krelithous

Supporter
it don't matter what truck you buy today there all crap with all of the emissions crap on em. some are just worse than others

AlexG

ok your right I don't care about myself:(. I care about my wallet :D. grasshopper will learn that he will be carrying a 100k in his wallet and he's broke :p:D. sorry I prefer to ride my ass around in comfort:rolleyes:
That's what I been trying to say, it doesn't matter if you feel comfortable in a Pete, Volvo or a stick, if it works and you don't feel like you're working then it's the right truck for you