Radiant Fire, part deux?

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
What do you mean DOT will shut you down for oil leaks or headlights dim or other issues?
Technically they can’t put you out of service for a dim lamp, as long as it’s working. My company has gotten several of those write ups over turned. But any oil leaking on the ground, any light not working damn sure will.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Technically they can’t put you out of service for a dim lamp, as long as it’s working. My company has gotten several of those write ups over turned. But any oil leaking on the ground, any light not working damn sure will.
Hmmm.

I’m trying to remember now if I’ve ever had the Man look at this truck. I’ve gone over coops while under permits but I don’t think anyone has ever looked over the ride

Also, I thought that in the USA they can only check for required lighting. Any accessory lights (chicken lights) can be broken and they can’t say jack about them.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Hmmm.

I’m trying to remember now if I’ve ever had the Man look at this truck. I’ve gone over coops while under permits but I don’t think anyone has ever looked over the ride

Also, I thought that in the USA they can only check for required lighting. Any accessory lights (chicken lights) can be broken and they can’t say jack about them.
If you turn it on while they are inspecting they can site you. I only turn on required lighting

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
If you turn it on while they are inspecting they can site you. I only turn on required lighting
I’d take that to court, the little green book specifies which lights are mandatory. I’d have to look it up to cite specifics but it does say extra lights don’t need to be operable

Whatever. I’m not going to be inspected in the USA so I don’t know why I think about it.

If you ever hear about a flatbedder on the news leading the DOT on a long high speed pursuit towards Canada....well, you know....

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
I went through a scale with a headlight out once. At night.

I simply turned them off "as a courtesy" before I went over the scale like we normally do. 😅

I-90 WB, first one in SD from MN.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
I went through a scale with a headlight out once. At night.

I simply turned them off "as a courtesy" before I went over the scale like we normally do. 😅

I-90 WB, first one in SD from MN.
Yeah, my DRL are just as bright as my low beams so when I have one burn out I just run park lights till I replace it lol

Latest posts