Probability basis for prepping

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Yeah. I probably could've looked it up and read it a couple of times and kept up but I know the basics and that's enough for me.
Electric Field Theory by Van Valkenburg is a good source. Most folks don't speak calculus though.

Ranger_375

Ya needa learn how to quote.

Yep, that's my volvo. You'll see it up there under the lights once I see freight worth pulling up there.

Chances are those companies didn't spec the truck well. mndriver mndriver can (grudgingly) attest to the values, and detriments, of my swedish meatball express.

Yes, Cheechakos aka Rileys is a good place to drink. Better atmosphere than the bush company, with better looking women too.

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Ya needa learn how to quote.

Yep, that's my volvo. You'll see it up there under the lights once I see freight worth pulling up there.

Chances are those companies didn't spec the truck well. mndriver mndriver can (grudgingly) attest to the values, and detriments, of my swedish meatball express.

Yes, Cheechakos aka Rileys is a good place to drink. Better atmosphere than the bush company, with better looking women too.
It's been more than 15 years since I've been in BC2 on International. I love the interior and the prices are OK. But I don't want to deal with the hustle. According to his sister, one of the guys who worked for Sourdough Transfer, Ian, worked there as a bar back. He might still be there. Don't know much about rates in and out of Alaska. Carlile might know -- I think it still has a yard in Houston and one in Edmonton. Fairchild runs produce from America to Walmart, Fred Meyers (Krogers), and maybe a few other stores; I never saw them at a Safeway Store or the Safeway/Gottstein warehouse. Once in a while, I see a Landstar flat or step deck but that's about it for American lash-ups running this way. In the summer here in Anchorage, we see a few b-trains out of B.C. hauling boards.

At least one new field (Smith Bay) on the slope is being delineated and Mooses Tooth 1 just began producing and Repsol (I think) is planning to develop Mooses Tooth 2. That should produce some work for Texans to ship up this way. For the present, I suspect that most of the required fab work is being done in Fairbanks, Big Lake, Anchorage, and Nikiski. If oil prices rise, maybe then you'll see some good rates and you can join the gang running white roads for 6 months per year.

Ranger_375

It's been more than 15 years since I've been in BC2 on International. I love the interior and the prices are OK. But I don't want to deal with the hustle. According to his sister, one of the guys who worked for Sourdough Transfer, Ian, worked there as a bar back. He might still be there. Don't know much about rates in and out of Alaska. Carlile might know -- I think it still has a yard in Houston and one in Edmonton. Fairchild runs produce from America to Walmart, Fred Meyers (Krogers), and maybe a few other stores; I never saw them at a Safeway Store or the Safeway/Gottstein warehouse. Once in a while, I see a Landstar flat or step deck but that's about it for American lash-ups running this way. In the summer here in Anchorage, we see a few b-trains out of B.C. hauling boards.

At least one new field (Smith Bay) on the slope is being delineated and Mooses Tooth 1 just began producing and Repsol (I think) is planning to develop Mooses Tooth 2. That should produce some work for Texans to ship up this way. For the present, I suspect that most of the required fab work is being done in Fairbanks, Big Lake, Anchorage, and Nikiski. If oil prices rise, maybe then you'll see some good rates and you can join the gang running white roads for 6 months per year.
Speak of the devil. First drink's on me at Rileys for new years, if you can get there. Loading tomorrow to Anchorage.

Fageol

Forgot to ask, do you have a big radio? Most of the guys from Fairbanks to Anchorage use Arrow 1. I'll try to get the frequency for you. Are you coming directly to Anchorage?

Fageol

You might want to delete this post and send it to Ranger_375 Ranger_375 in a P.M. Private message.
otherwise everyone on the internet has your cell #.
I deleted it; however. the number exists in your reply/advice. I suspect that the bad guys likely know my number and most others since every so often I get some robocall.