PLAY BOOK "SITTING VRS RUNNING

OXN

Some of you probably know I sat in January for eight days I didn’t mention I sat for about five other days in January but now here in April I sat 9 days before I got my rate. If I have to sit another nine days or ten I will!!!!

I don't believe God brought me this far to let me fail and weather you're a believer or not you to should have the faith and confidence enough to stand up like a man or a woman for what you believe in, unless you don't believe your services are worth very much, or unless you don't think much about yourself and your family. You should hold out for your rate for your self for your family for your God, and for your own sense of dignity.

When I sit I catch up on my paper work, I go to the YMCA and run, swim, workout, or just sit and veg out in the sauna or steam room, I also do other things like go to church, the movies or bowling. Everybody else is living their lives and truck drivers are people too. It seems the rest of the world would just as soon see drivers in and on that truck stuck there in it for the rest of there lives scratching out a living and most of us are more than willing to accommodate them.

Here's the bottom line. If your going to run yourself out of business on cheap freight at the end of the day your truck is worthless, you feel tired and worthless and the reason you feel you got raped is you did, but it was consensual. So now your out of business and looking back you find everyone else in the world to blame accept the man in the mirror. Yes I may have to go out of business someday, but I'll have the personal confidence to look in the mirror and say I was strong, faithful and true to God, myself and my family. I figure it this way, if I'm faithful with a little who knows maybe God will bless me to be faithful over much.

All I hear from truckers is how can you sit like that? You gotta keep the wheels a rollin, I could never sit like that, or you're just plain crazy. There all defense mechanisms which allow them to go on believing a lie, the lie that if you run hard you're gona make it, No, numbers don't lie neither does all the guys that have gone out of business from running cheap. When are you going to face it, your worth more than cheap freight, when your expenses go up you have to demand more compensation, either from your company or your brokers or your shippers. If they say no you have to have faith and trust that there will be someone else that will be willing to pay you enough. Even if there is not you should have this one sentence of death in you "If I have to go out sitting, I'm standing on my principles" and in the long run it’s by your principles you win.

BANDIT

Dispatch Me Home
Couldn't Have Said It Any Better

Some of you probably know I sat in January for eight days I didn’t mention I sat for about five other days in January but now here in April I sat 9 days before I got my rate. If I have to sit another nine days or ten I will!!!!

I don't believe God brought me this far to let me fail and weather you're a believer or not you to should have the faith and confidence enough to stand up like a man or a woman for what you believe in, unless you don't believe your services are worth very much, or unless you don't think much about yourself and your family. You should hold out for your rate for your self for your family for your God, and for your own sense of dignity.

When I sit I catch up on my paper work, I go to the YMCA and run, swim, workout, or just sit and veg out in the sauna or steam room, I also do other things like go to church, the movies or bowling. Everybody else is living their lives and truck drivers are people too. It seems the rest of the world would just as soon see drivers in and on that truck stuck there in it for the rest of there lives scratching out a living and most of us are more than willing to accommodate them.

Here's the bottom line. If your going to run yourself out of business on cheap freight at the end of the day your truck is worthless, you feel tired and worthless and the reason you feel you got raped is you did, but it was consensual. So now your out of business and looking back you find everyone else in the world to blame accept the man in the mirror. Yes I may have to go out of business someday, but I'll have the personal confidence to look in the mirror and say I was strong, faithful and true to God, myself and my family. I figure it this way, if I'm faithful with a little who knows maybe God will bless me to be faithful over much.

All I hear from truckers is how can you sit like that? You gotta keep the wheels a rollin, I could never sit like that, or you're just plain crazy. There all defense mechanisms which allow them to go on believing a lie, the lie that if you run hard you're gona make it, No, numbers don't lie neither does all the guys that have gone out of business from running cheap. When are you going to face it, your worth more than cheap freight, when your expenses go up you have to demand more compensation, either from your company or your brokers or your shippers. If they say no you have to have faith and trust that there will be someone else that will be willing to pay you enough. Even if there is not you should have this one sentence of death in you "If I have to go out sitting, I'm standing on my principles" and in the long run it’s by your principles you win.
Thank you OXN, that was very well said. I must say that I agree with you whole heartedly. You have the decision to make and only YOU. You can either run the wheels off your truck and yourself hauling cheap freight and earn others a very nice income while you go broke and belly up, or you can stand your ground and not turn a wheel unless it is you too that is going to make a nice income for your time and effort and expense. Why anyone would want to go out and work hard, tax their equipment and spend their money to make sure someone else gets a nice check at the end of the week is amazing to me. Many years ago I proved just that to the company I was leased to at the time. They told me that I would be making a whole lot more if I just let them tell me what loads to haul and what area to run in. I told them they were absolutely wrong, but I would put it to the test just to show them how wrong they were. I left home the 2nd wk of Jan. and ran my but for them the way they wanted to run me for 10 1/2 months straight. I didn't even see my front door again for those 10 1/2 months. When it was over and I finally had seen and had enough, We sat down in a meeting with the company officials and my books, and I showed them that I had just had the absolute worst year that I had ever had. If you are picky and particular about what you haul and where you haul, you will come out miles and dollars ahead in the long run. If you don't believe me, Try it yourself. The question is a simple one; If the ultimate end is going broke and losing everything, would you rather do it spending your family's money to make sure someone else makes a nice check or you can have the same outcome sitting home with your family and maybe doing odd jobs here and there to try and hold you over. To all of you who keep saying; "I Can't Afford To Sit", I say, "Right Now You Can't Afford Not To Sit". I learned a long time ago to never say "I CAN'T". And I also learned not to ever let anyone else tell me "YOU CAN'T" without me first trying. Those of you who think you can't, need to sit down and do some serious soul searching. Please give yourself and your family a fighting chance. Stand Tall & Join The Fight ! !:paddle:

OXN

Thank You Sir. all we can do is tell em, and show em. All you can do is all you can do, but all you can do is enough!!! and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; Eph6:14
OXN

Latest posts