Pit bull's that horrible breed that cause death and mayhem

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I remember several years ago, Ducky, you posted that the "retarded pit bull" killed Sarah's cat. Why did he do that? Was it something you encouraged? Was it something he was trained to do?
That's because it was retarded. It was running around with the cat in it's mouth like it was a toy. No idea why the cat died because it had no visible injuries. It was NOT torn to shreds. Just limp, and covered with dog slobber.

That dog was extremely stupid though. I used to tell people it had canine autism. I don't know what the hell was wrong with it. It was a shelter dog but it didn't act scared of people like an abused dog would. It was more the opposite. It couldn't stand being left alone. If it wasn't in line of sight of a male human it would howl and cry until a male human returned.

I've had other pit bulls that were just normal happy dogs but that retarded one was impossible to deal with because of the whining. I've dumped girlfriends because of excessive emotional neediness and constant whining, I don't need it from a dog.

It didn't like females at all. It would totally ignore women almost as if they weren't even there. Sarah was petting it in the living room and it was fine, and licking her face but the minute I got up to go to the bathroom it got up and followed me, and when I closed the door behind me it immediately started howling even though Sarah was right there trying to calm it down.

It latched onto my dad the first time he met him, and then began almost ignoring me too. It's like it's previous owner must've been old or something. Probably an old man who died, and the people who worked at the shelter were all women or something? :dunno:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I was surprised to see the Dachshund and Jack Russell on the list. My oldest (Billie) is a mix of both and she’s a sweetie. She IS a diva but a sweetheart none the less.
Most Dachshunds are assholes. That's why they're on the list. You got lucky and got a good one. Jack Russells, I have no idea. I've never met one that has been anything but a goofball who just wants to play.

dave350

Billie can be very head strong and demanding. If she wants something she will stay on you until for a long time trying to break you down. Two things she loves, cat food and sugar cookies. :D

If that’s what you meant by asshole. Other than that she’s a good girl.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Most Dachshunds are assholes. That's why they're on the list. You got lucky and got a good one. Jack Russells, I have no idea. I've never met one that has been anything but a goofball who just wants to play.
DubbleD had two Jack Russells and said they were great little dogs.

The breed is highly intelligent, which is why they're used in movies that require the dogs to do stuff.

I'm not talking about when they just put peanut butter on the roof of a dog's mouth to make it look like it's talking. I mean training them to do stunts.

Like in The Mask when the dog unlocks the car door with his teeth, then opens the door with his paw and jumps out.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I have a friend that has a Jack Russell and that dog can be mean if it doesn't know you. Other than the Sheppard that I mentioned this Jack Russell is about the only dog that does not like me.
I know how to approach dogs. I extend my hand out palm side up and let the dog come to me in their own time sniffing and checking me out to see if you are a good or bad guy and they will let you know if you can pet them.

Sinister

Order of The Gilded Flip Flop
Staff member
Supporter
My Jack Russell was extremely smart.

After he learned the sound of words about things he liked, we had to spell the words out.

Pretty soon he learned the words we were verbally spelling out.

“Treat” produced the same reaction as T R. E. A. T.

He could also open doors.

But at 14 years old my son was 9 months and just learning to walk. A couple times he used Simon to try to get up by pulling on his fur. Simon nipped. Once right on the eyelid. I don’t think he meant to be vicious, he was just extremely old, tired and not really thrilled have to deal with yet another major change.

I had him on the truck with me for about 8 years or so, then on and off at home. I was told he was a terrible breed to have in such a small space, but he did fine and slept most of the time.

Other people’s houses because I really didn’t live anywhere at the time, different trucks, then a single house, then a cat ( a calic...want commotion? Get a Jack Russel and a Calico in the same house) then eventually a little kid yanking on him.

I went to work one week, the wife took him to the shelter where he had very little chance of being adopted.

I still hate that.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
The German shepherd I had when I was a kid was so smart they named a science academy after him.

Damn thing would jump the 4 foot chain link fence so my dad had it replaced with a 6 foot one.

Then he learned to actually climb it, putting his paws in the holes and pulling himself up just like I did.

So my dad put an electric fence wire across the top and the dog started digging his way out.

So my dad lined the bottom of the fence with flag stone to prevent digging, and the dog learned how to lift open the gate latch with his nose.

So we started putting a coat hanger through the padlock hole in the latch. It didn't take long for the dog to figure out he could knock it out with his paw, then lift it open with his nose.

In addition to all that escape artist stuff, my dad had him trained to sit, lie down, roll over, bark on command (but never bark on the house otherwise), high jump, long jump, stay off the furniture, and not to eat the children no matter what we did to him.

dave350

The German shepherd I had when I was a kid was so smart they named a science academy after him.

Damn thing would jump the 4 foot chain link fence so my dad had it replaced with a 6 foot one.

Then he learned to actually climb it, putting his paws in the holes and pulling himself up just like I did.

So my dad put an electric fence wire across the top and the dog started digging his way out.

So my dad lined the bottom of the fence with flag stone to prevent digging, and the dog learned how to lift open the gate latch with his nose.

So we started putting a coat hanger through the padlock hole in the latch. It didn't take long for the dog to figure out he could knock it out with his paw, then lift it open with his nose.

In addition to all that escape artist stuff, my dad had him trained to sit, lie down, roll over, bark on command (but never bark on the house otherwise), high jump, long jump, stay off the furniture, and not to eat the children no matter what we did to him.
That’s impressive.

Sinister

Order of The Gilded Flip Flop
Staff member
Supporter

That’s one of the reasons they are so popular as police dogs.